The Current - Lee Vista

scottb411

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The OBJ is reporting that a new office campus is going to be built where the new Super Wal-Mart has opened in Lee Vista:

$50M office campus being built near OIA

Bavar Properties Group LLC plans to develop a $50 million, 370,000-square-foot office campus near the Orlando International Airport, with construction on the first phase starting in early 2009.

"I've been in that market for at least six years now, and there was nothing going on then -- but in the last year, that airport area has exploded with growth," says NAI Realvest principal Robert Blackwell, who represented Northpointe and will handle leasing for Orlando OffiCenter.

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/sto.../26/story5.html

• 2 weeks later...

Goldenrod is closer to highway 50 or back into Winter Park and Oviedo/so on.

Also from the Airport to lets say the Lake Underhill Road lots of Commercial already their. and also probley some empty buildings to.

How about Fast Food Chains and Sporting Goods store?

I bet you their will be also a Petsmart to.

• 2 weeks later...

1. I heard the Current is having trouble with financing and one of the partners backed out. Anyone know more?

2. Staples is going into Vista Palms

3. New life sciences park to include wet lab space (This is going in behind the Wal-Mart on Narcoossee):

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/sto.../16/story1.html

Freedom Holdings LLC to build 285,000-square-foot complex that will feature buildings suitable for wet labs, space for research animals and clean-rooms for high-tech companies.

1. I heard the Current is having trouble with financing and one of the partners backed out. Anyone know more?

2. Staples is going into Vista Palms

3. New life sciences park to include wet lab space (This is going in behind the Wal-Mart on Narcoossee):

http://orlando.bizjournals.com/orlando/sto.../16/story1.html

Freedom Holdings LLC to build 285,000-square-foot complex that will feature buildings suitable for wet labs, space for research animals and clean-rooms for high-tech companies.

I haven't heard about the Current having any problems, they were working on the site today. I think the city of Orlando is determined to develop this area (Lee Vista, Vista Lakes, Lake Nona) because it's the only undeveloped land in the city limits, much like Metro West was back in the 80's. I think it's Orlando's answer to Orange County's Waterford Lakes area. So I don't think the city will let the property sit there halfway developed.

• 2 months later...

^^

well, that Wal-Mart distribution center is down there south of Polk and north of Ft. Meyers somewhere.

Maybe they came to their senses and figured Orlando was a better location b/c of access to major highways, or maybe Orange Co. got off their butts and made them a sweet deal. 1M sq. ft. is definitely a statewide warehouse size... Lowe's is also 1m sq ft and it's for the whole state.

Archived