Barnum and Bailey could boycott State

MadVlad

The Barnum and Bailey Circus has said they would boycott the State if legislators ban the use of some elephant hook thingee that is used to herd the elephants. According to the story, the State would take a $2.6 million economic hit if the circus doesn't do it's Bridgeport (home of P.T.) and Hartford shows. The legislature is considering this ban due to animal activists displeasure at the use of this hook thing. If this device is really a danger to the elephants, then fine, but I know animal activists can go way overboard sometimes, so I guess it's all in how you look at it. I haven't been to a circus in 30 years, but I was looking forward to bringing my daughter when she's old enough, I'll be pissed if I have to go to New York or Boston....

Barnum and Bailey might botcott State

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've watched them with the hook, and from what i've seen, it does not harm the elephant. they use similar devices in zoos. the animal rights people just want all animals out of the circus, and this is their way of getting to that point. i'm surprised the CT legislature would cater to them. i'm all for animal rights and protecting them, but i haven't seen anything other than animal rights propaganda that says that the circus mistreats the animals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived