METRO AUGUSTA & AMTRAK STILL TALKING

augga706

Augusta & Amtrak have never stop talking since the proposed deal a couple yrs ago. The disscussion is heated up says Fred Russell, Augusta is trying hard to get amtrak to come because they know how much it will benefit the city. Amtrak says augusta is a growing market, & Mayor Deke said we could have mass transit in 3-5 yrs. Im trying to find a article if someonelse has 1 feel free? I hope augusta gets transit it would help the city grow alot.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is saying that amtrak & augusta talking boosterism. Alot of threads have boosterism WAY MORE THAN MINE like some development in macon, athens, statesboro or at georgia southern clogging up the GA board. I made 1 thread with facts about augusta. What is the purpose of a forum if u cant tell ppl whats happening in your city, or give correct info on ur city when theres misinformation.

^ Don't take it the wrong way. It's just that Augusta has its own section to discuss development within our city. And the way the first thread was written was full boosterism, you have to admit. Yes, the Macon thread about being the next Atlanta is pure boosterism as well.

I"m happy you posted this thread because I had no idea we were still in talks with Amtrak. I thought it was a dead deal. So thanks for starting it. :)

why is saying that amtrak & augusta talking boosterism. Alot of threads have boosterism WAY MORE THAN MINE like some development in macon, athens, statesboro or at georgia southern clogging up the GA board. I made 1 thread with facts about augusta. What is the purpose of a forum if u cant tell ppl whats happening in your city, or give correct info on ur city when theres misinformation.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody heard a update on amtrak coming to metro augusta. I know city officials & amtrak leaders flew over railroads from columbia,sc to augusta, ga. I dont know what happen after the view of these railways, but they should be in good shape since augusta was bustling with cotton in the 1900's. Our train tracks are all over downtown & stretch to harlem, martinez, & west augusta already so connecting to the surburbs shouldnt be a problem. I think theres railroads arleady in place around aiken & n. augusta to, so evans might be the only one with no railways. Being 1 hr from columbia is a advantage for the metro area the train would probably go from columbia to augusta to atlanta. I sure they would make it connect to greenville or savannah if there metros continue to increase.

Archived