Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOME_TOWN_GUY2

88.9 FM NPR

6 posts in this topic

Anyone knows what suddenly happened to 88.9 FM NPR? It went off-air a couple of weeks ago without any notice.

It's the best source of national & international news availabe in town and it will be a shame if we were to loose it.

90.7 WKNO of Memphis relayed out of Dyersburg got taken off about 5-6 weeks ago as well. Replaced with a Christian rock station. I am surmizing that their are not enough pledges from outside of Memphis/Shelby County to afford different content and relay stations anymore.

I'm buying satellite radio as a result, since I no longer have access to NPR or the BBC with the loss of the WKNO relay.

If your looking for good news, you can always tune into News Radio 600 WREC on your AM dial, or check out their website at wrecradio.com.

90.7 WKNO of Memphis relayed out of Dyersburg got taken off about 5-6 weeks ago as well. Replaced with a Christian rock station. I am surmizing that their are not enough pledges from outside of Memphis/Shelby County to afford different content and relay stations anymore.

I'm buying satellite radio as a result, since I no longer have access to NPR or the BBC with the loss of the WKNO relay.

Both of those stations got sold by WKNO to contemporary christian radio stations so that WKNO could build a larger HD station with 24 hours of NPR and BBC on a substation.

Here's a link to a news blurb:

Too bad very few people have HD receivers yet!