My second GR visit!

ZachariahDaMan

In about a month my mom and I will be going to GR again. We aren't staying at Amway though, we will be staying at Courtyard by Marriott. Is this really close to downtown? We'd like to be able to walk around downtown.

Also, could you guys throw out ideas for things we can do? Last time we just walked around and went to the Gerald Ford Museum. We might be going to the zoo.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In about a month my mom and I will be going to GR again. We aren't staying at Amway though, we will be staying at Courtyard by Marriott. Is this really close to downtown? We'd like to be able to walk around downtown.

Also, could you guys throw out ideas for things we can do? Last time we just walked around and went to the Gerald Ford Museum. We might be going to the zoo.

If "in about a month" is the first weekend in June, the Festival for the Arts will be going on all over downtown. It is a blast. If your trip is the next weekend, the Parade of Downtown Living will be going on and you can tour lofts and condos...

I too was going to say Festival of the Arts, June 1st - 3rd. Downtown is really hopping, but not "crazy". Great food, live music, several stages, events, etc..

160266432_47aa80e046.jpg

160263478_25e5e8f80d.jpg

160263483_0fcd1176bd.jpg

http://www.festivalofthearts.org/

Grand Rapids Art Museum won't be officially open until September, but I thought they might have something going on at the new museum site for Festival (?)

The downtown Parade is great, even if you're not in the condo market. Also check grnow for June's schedule of events:

http://events.grnow.com/events/index.php?y...007&month=6

Archived