West Tn Rally Race

Well, i attended my first rally race this weekend in Linden Tn. It was very cool! I learned about it on very short notice, hopped in the Jeep and went. Linden is only about 1:15-1:30 from Nashville. The cars in the race are all street legal and must be since they drive from one stage of the race to the next stage on public roads. In fact the track they drive on is back roads in a very unpopulated area. The cars were mostly Subaru's, Lancers, a few Focus's and V-Dubs, and mixed Honda's/Nissan's. The event is the only one in North America that is 100% tarmac (as opposed to dirt,sand,gravel) and a driver favorite. I believe this is the 3rd year of the race, and it seems to be growing. I was told that there were about 100 spectators as opposed to about 20 last year. There is even talk about ESPN coverage next year. Tix were $10

Well, i just wanted to share the info and some pics with you guys. be sure to check out the video link at bottom!

I encourage everyone to attend next year.

One of the bikes(the first year for bikes)

RallyRace021.jpg

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

RallyRace198.jpg

Seamus Burke (Irish Team). The Winner!

RallyRace181.jpg

Mitsubishi Galant

RallyRace150.jpg

Subaru Impreza

RallyRace137.jpg

Ford Focus

RallyRace113.jpg

VW GTI

RallyRace214.jpg

VERY COOL VIDEO i posted on youtube!!!

(sorry for the low quality)

For more info visit:

rallytennessee.com

or

nasa rally sport

hope to see you guys next year!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is cool. Not many folks probably realized this was going on in Middle Tennessee. I too would definately like to go down and check this out next year if possible. Thanks for the great pics.

Perry County is still Middle TN though....if just barely. LOL

the function of the roof scoop is actually one asked for by the cdc as mosquito control to stop the outbreak of west nile. it reproduces a sound that attracts the mosquitos then traps them. and after all of the b.s. clears, the real function is too cool down the cabin due to the air conditioner being removed to help weight and reduce parasitic (no, not another mosquito reference haha) losses. does anybody know if the scca has any rallys down in these parts?

Archived