Reexamine search option

Snowguy716

I was attempting to search for the thread about high gas prices and all I could get was an error message telling me that I had used a word that was 3 letters or less.

I don't know why the search option is so unnecessarily limited. There are plenty of 3 letter words outside of "and", "but", etc. Like the word "Gas" :)

Or was this simply a fluke?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was attempting to search for the thread about high gas prices and all I could get was an error message telling me that I had used a word that was 3 letters or less.

I don't know why the search option is so unnecessarily limited. There are plenty of 3 letter words outside of "and", "but", etc. Like the word "Gas" :)

Or was this simply a fluke?

Unfortunately this is a limitation beyond our control. If we were able to offer three letter searches we likely would not anyway due to the fact that there are so many three letter words such as "and" and "but" that add nothing but complexity to simple searches. We do have a way around this however...

We offer users site search via Google by going to the following page:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/search/index.php

• 9 months later...
I wish that search returned individual posts AOT just threads. When there's dozens of pages and hundreds of posts, it's not really useful.

Actually, you can do this already. This option is available on the advanced search screen. If you click search on the top-most bar (gold bar) it will take you immediately to the advanced search page. There is an option to choose "show results as posts" that will do exactly what you want. I have attached a screenshot showing exactly where this option is located:

post-1-1204051927_thumb.jpg

*Also as an update to the original question, you can now search for words as small as two letters.

post-1-1204051927_thumb.jpg

Archived