Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joeDowntown

Founders Brewery Relocation

134 posts in this topic

From Chris' blog:

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/knapescorner/

Spring has definitely sprung in development land

The ever-popular "stuff" seems to be happening.

1. My guess is that Rockford Construction is buying The Transportation building across from The Rapid. No idea on the well-loved business. Is "well-loved" part of the riddle? :)

A well-loved business could be making a move to from its original home downtown to a downtown building many thought was doomed to demolition.

Less Joe this time, more John. Too obvious? Too cryptic? It's Monday. Stick around....

I dont know about the second one, if he says they are reconsidering shifting from mortgages to monthly rents, that means that someone is re-thinking going to apts, and that would be the opposite from what Boardwalk is doing, right?

"reconsidering an earlier shift from 30-year mortgages to monthly rents."

Boardwalk started as monthly, went down the condo path and maybe they are re-considering. That is how I read it (but could be wrong) :)

I dont know about the second one, if he says they are reconsidering shifting from mortgages to monthly rents, that means that someone is re-thinking going to apts, and that would be the opposite from what Boardwalk is doing, right?

From Chris' blog:

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/knapescorner/

Spring has definitely sprung in development land

The ever-popular "stuff" seems to be happening.

1. My guess is that Rockford Construction is buying The Transportation building across from The Rapid. No idea on the well-loved business. Is "well-loved" part of the riddle? :)

2. Boardwalk?

3. No idea on the hotel. I hope it's part of the Kimpton chain. :)http://www.monaco-chicago.com/

Anyone else want to venture a guess? Come on people, let's start some rumors. Maybe we can get some crazy idea on WOODTV. :)

Joe

Just read Chris's blog and quickly came here, looking for answers. Maybe The Cottage Bar (what business downtown could be more well loved) will move into larger digs at The Transportation building (then the ever popular One Trick Pony could expand). I hope I'm wrong with this idea, because even thow it's small & kind of grungy, the old place has a special spot in my heart (and I think my love handles are due to Cottage fries)!

Just read Chris's blog and quickly came here, looking for answers. Maybe The Cottage Bar (what business downtown could be more well loved) will move into larger digs at The Transportation building (then the ever popular One Trick Pony could expand). I hope I'm wrong with this idea, because even thow it's small & kind of grungy, the old place has a special spot in my heart (and I think my love handles are due to Cottage fries)!

Hmm then. I'll say it is the Cottage bar with better toilets, less coffee (that's a big stretch) in the Bicycle factory, with the candlestick. ;)

Joe

Hmm then. I'll say it is the Cottage bar with better toilets, less coffee (that's a big stretch) in the Bicycle factory, with the candlestick. ;)

Joe

Yea...it would kill me too, but at the new digs they could have a bigger men's room (more urinals). For those of us a little pee shy (sorry ladies) things are just a little too close in there!

Here are some photos of your favorite truck depot Nitro:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bradgillette/...57600010806488/

There's no way it's Cottage Bar. designcritic said "warmer", not "hot". :D I doubt it would even be a restaurant, because that depot is pretty large (maybe 10,000 square feet). I'll bet it's office use. Is Bazzani moving? No, that wouldn't explain the "less Joe, more John". What companies downtown are headed by a John?

hmmm... Douglas J said they're already looking at expanding... and they have a thing for old garages... :whistling:

Elevation = John Greene's new company.

2. Boardwalk?

A major downtown development appears to be reconsidering an earlier shift from 30-year mortgages to monthly rents.

I doubt it would even be a restaurant, because that depot is pretty large (maybe 10,000 square feet).

Ok,

Last guess (and I think it's a winner):

ITD + John Greene + Founders

Thought of it last night but didn't want to get my arse out of bed to type my wild speculation.

Joe

Isn't that the space that they were discussing a year round farmers market?

I can see John Green's company moving to this space, to be near his new signature project. But "well-loved"? His company is not that old.

Perhaps they are taking the old offices of the truck depot, and a restaurant is taking the loading dock area?

Ok,

Thought of it last night but didn't want to get my arse out of bed to type my wild speculation.

Joe