Founders Brewery Relocation

joeDowntown

I like the idea of Founders moving, and was bummed when I heard that their deal fell through. I have been seeing their beer further and further from GR lately. I think they're the next Sierra Nevada type of company (microbrewery with national/international recognition).

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the idea of Founders moving, and was bummed when I heard that their deal fell through. I have been seeing their beer further and further from GR lately. I think they're the next Sierra Nevada type of company (microbrewery with national/international recognition).

They need to be the next Bell's first. :)

Sierra Nevada = 680,000 barrels production annually

Bell's = 60,000 barrels production annually

Founders brews 4,000 barrels production annually

Not dissing Founders, they make great Ale, just sayin...

My understanding was that Founders was going to move a few blocks over to meet increased demand, but that deal fell through, so they leased a bunch more space at their current location a few months back to increase production.

My understanding was that Founders was going to move a few blocks over to meet increased demand, but that deal fell through, so they leased a bunch more space at their current location a few months back to increase production.

Joe gets the points. :shades: I think this will be a great renovation project. No beer garden in the plans though?

If the old Ice House gets an entertainment venue, and then with Grand Woods Lounge, Bistro Bella Vita, The Intersection, and now this project, Grandville is shaping up to be another entertainment district.

They need to be the next Bell's first. :)

Sierra Nevada = 680,000 barrels production annually

Bell's = 60,000 barrels production annually

Founders brews 4,000 barrels production annually

Not dissing Founders, they make great Ale, just sayin...

If you look at the plans on Chris Knape's blog, there appears to be a pretty large stage in the main room:

http://www.mlive.com/grpress/knapescorner

When there's live music at the current location, it gets pretty loud.

Is there room in the new location for a stage?

If so, how will Founders control the acoustics?

Got a chance to check out the dock/patio area today. It's not as wide as I remember, but it will still be cool (one long picnic table? :P ):

492892061_7978990fa4.jpg

492892089_71a54d49d4.jpg

This kind of decor would NOT fit with Founder's style (Reds on the River in Rockford):

492916143_891f557103.jpg

Archived