rhetorical question

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hybrid's are a marketing scam.

Buy a used 1990 CRX and get 51MPG all day long. Use it for your commute and pay $900 for it.

My 91 Civic LX get's ~47 MPG and cost $200.

There are plenty of cars that get 36+ that are plenty less than a Prius that real worlds in the high 30's low 40's.

Of course you can buy a newer used Civic, or Fit or Corolla and get high 30 MPG's if you want a newer car. Can even break the 40's if you drive like a little girl in my Fiance's 01 Civic. The difference in purchase price will never be overcome by the 3ish MPG improvement by purchasing a Prius.

Or Jetta or Beetle diesel, and get 53MPG real world.

Or wait for new Honda diesel and get 72 MPG real world.

http://jalopnik.com/356497/hypermiling-the...-audi-q7-42-tdi

... or people could start riding The Rapid instead of taking their car everywhere. Since we only have one vehicle for my family, I have been taking the bus almost daily for the last month and find it a great way to commute. No worries about dodging potholes or road ragers and I get to work in about the same amount of time for about the same cost as taking the car and paying for gas...

I just got back from Chicago, and it is amazing how much more driving you do there. We went to the zoo and the Field Museum, and it felt like we were in the car half of the day. Here, a twenty minute drive is the longest I have to take all week long. That's another great thing about Grand Rapids.

Archived