Rapid Vote Today!

Get out and Vote. Today is the day:

Interurban Transit Partnership (The Rapid)

TRANSIT MILLAGE BALLOT PROPOSAL

Shall The Rapid (Interurban Transit Partnership) levy a tax for public transportation of up to 1.12 mills? This millage is a renewal of the 0.95 mills approved by the voters in 2003 and an addition of 0.17 mills. This millage covers a period of five (5) years, beginning in the year 2008 and continuing through 2012, on the taxable value of all taxable property in The Rapid

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait for the precincts to say 100%. These numbers could end being in the urban districts, just wait for the suburban districts to start reporting -- I'm guessing the millage is 65 to 35 in favor.

I think they said last night only about 13% of voters turned out for this election. Although, with that being said, there weren't a lot of hotbed issues going on to get people to the polls. Most were millage renewals or slight increases.

I live in Walker. I blown away to hear the most in my neck of the woods voted no on this. Being that Walker sorely needs more bus service above and beyond the GVSU connector, Alpine Ave., and Leonard St., I'm left asking myself "Is my city populated by blithering morons that can't think beyond there own greed to see the common good the ITP provides this metro area?" There is more to maintaining a prosperous community than paying the lowest amount of taxes possible. Also, In light of living under the power of Federal and State Governments that can't even pick their own noses let alone help out local areas maintain mission critical services, anybody with an ounce of brains in their skulls should know that millages like this should inarguably get one's "Yes" vote. Because the only way to maintain critical services like mass transit, public education, and emergency services is to properly fund them. To think other wise is completely and utterly ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm glad that more people wielding common sense showed up to decide on the ITP millage than those that lacked it.

... "Is my city populated by blithering morons that can't think beyond there own greed to see the common good the ITP provides this metro area?" ...Federal and State Governments that can't even pick their own noses... anybody with an ounce of brains in their skulls should know that millages like this should inarguably get one's "Yes" vote. ..To think other wise is completely and utterly ridiculous. ...

Archived