Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montrose Neighborhood

Galveston, Texas

Nice pics! Galveston has a lot more historic architecture than I would've thought.

I especially like this building.

Galveston4.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing more. :)

Excellent. That first set of pics makes the city look so dead though, what gives? Were they taken during a hurricane evacuation or something!?

It looks much more lively in the second set though. ;)

I had no idea Galveston had a streetcar either. :o

I'm surprised nobody steals the chess pieces! Also, what are those pyramids? They're neat.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that those are the subject of many high school pranks. But it is surprising how honest people are when you give them a chance. In Manhattan, Bryant Park has folding chairs and tables scattered throughout it. They are in no way tied down to anything. There's nothing but peer pressure to prevent someone from making off with them. Of course if you were seen sneaking down the street with one, everyone would know where it came from. They are collected and locked up at night. I'm sure the same applies here.