Construction on Rivertown Parkway

tamias6

I was heading down to Rivertown Crossings today when I encountered some construction going on to the east bound lanes of the road both east and west of Ivanrest Ave. It appears that storm drain lines are getting some serious upgrades and the road itself widen. Does anybody know more about this? There was talk of a Target store wanting to locate here. Does this work mean is going to happen perhaps?

Some Pictures:

Ivanrest intersection looking west.

constructionrivtnpwylp1.jpg

A worker in action in front of the industrial complex

constructionrivtnpwy2nm9.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was heading down to Rivertown Crossings today when I encountered some construction going on to the east bound lanes of the road both east and west of Ivanrest Ave. It appears that storm drain lines are getting some serious upgrades and the road itself widen. Does anybody know more about this? There was talk of a Target store wanting to locate here. Does this work mean is going to happen perhaps?

Thanks for the info. No Target. Eh? Too Bad. Although with a 1.5 million square ft mall, a 195,000 sq. ft. Meijer and the cluster of power strip malls popping up all around there, I think that's more than enough to keep local shoppers happy. :thumbsup:

Indirect left turns for the intersection just like Wilson to the west:) The project is not directly connected to the X-Rite building redevelopment. Target dropped their request for rezonig IIRC.

Archived