Is your company hiring?

With the news constantly preaching that there are no jobs, I was curious if your company is currently hiring people and, if so, what types of positions that they are hiring for.

My company has been adding administrative and technical staff over the past quarter with plans to add more in the coming months.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about that, michguy582.

May I assume you're reading the "What Color is my Parachute" book this week?

There are plenty of jobs out there. Be as selective as finances allow.

I've been laid off for 6 weeks. It's given me the opportunity to get out and explore the city I grew up in.

John

I hope that a company of my acquaintance has a position to fill very soon (if the planets align for me tomorrow).

Gave this tip to a new friend a couple days ago: if you see a job catageory that interests you at a place you could stand to work (cueing up my EDS tale), but it's not exactly what you're looking for, contact 'em anyway. Chances are good they'll promote from within, or hire from without and someone else will leave, or someone at their supplier will fill the spot leaving a vacancy...Hiring is a dynamic process and any organization's staffing chart is just a snapshot. I lost track of the number of times I applied for Left-Handed Veeblefetzer Expert and suddenly they had openings for Widget Goddess and Dohickie Compliance and Gadget Czar. Like those sliding number puzzles with 16 spaces and 15 tiles.

I hope that a company of my acquaintance has a position to fill very soon (if the planets align for me tomorrow).

Gave this tip to a new friend a couple days ago: if you see a job catageory that interests you at a place you could stand to work (cueing up my EDS tale), but it's not exactly what you're looking for, contact 'em anyway. Chances are good they'll promote from within, or hire from without and someone else will leave, or someone at their supplier will fill the spot leaving a vacancy...Hiring is a dynamic process and any organization's staffing chart is just a snapshot. I lost track of the number of times I applied for Left-Handed Veeblefetzer Expert and suddenly they had openings for Widget Goddess and Dohickie Compliance and Gadget Czar. Like those sliding number puzzles with 16 spaces and 15 tiles.

Is it okay if its outside of GR?

I'm pretty sure the firm I work for (located in Saginaw) is looking for a recent graduate (masters) in architecture. I can't say we need any help right now during the summer because we are loaded up with college students, but how should I know I'm only an intern, I'm not the boss. LOL. But I know we are always accepting apps.

PM me if you are in architecture and looking for work this fall.

EDIT: I need to delete my 100% filled box first.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived