Is your company hiring?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I currently live in Cheshire Village and work in Lansing ... ouch. Considering I try to be as green as possible by driving a very MPG-friendly VW Passat, it doesn't help when I put 150+ miles a day on it. I am in sales (actually working now on Riverhouse/Bridgewater condos) and have been for 5 years now - good at it, too. I need a GR Job{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}!!! Anyone know who to call? Thanks UPers!

I currently live in Cheshire Village and work in Lansing ... ouch. Considering I try to be as green as possible by driving a very MPG-friendly VW Passat, it doesn't help when I put 150+ miles a day on it. I am in sales (actually working now on Riverhouse/Bridgewater condos) and have been for 5 years now - good at it, too. I need a GR Job{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}!!! Anyone know who to call? Thanks UPers!

i would like a parttime job as a seamstress/assistant.

that would be so fun......

one of my gf's is looking for an Administrative job in GR.

she said she's sent in about 50 resumes already--and she's worked in that field and is qualified as well.

no responses. :(

good luck to everyone who is looking!!

We Install, Service, Monitor, and Inspect Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Card Access, CCTV, Security and just about any other low-voltage life safety systems.

We are mostly looking for installers, but the service department keeps on asking for more people. Although to be in the service dpt you need to know lots of trouble shooting for lost of different systems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are having a hard time finding a job in GR and you've explored all other avenues, I would try a recruiter like Robert Half/Office Team, Otterbase, K-Force or Partners in Technology (they also have other companies with other specialties).

I know that many companies would rather work on a temp-hire basis right now. It's a lot easier to test out an employee's skillset on a contract basis than to hire them outright and hope for the best. This is the way my company works and we end up hiring most of the people, but it allows us to pull the eject button if necessary. ;)

Joe

If you are having a hard time finding a job in GR and you've explored all other avenues, I would try a recruiter like Robert Half/Office Team, Otterbase, K-Force or Partners in Technology (they also have other companies with other specialties).

I know that many companies would rather work on a temp-hire basis right now. It's a lot easier to test out an employee's skillset on a contract basis than to hire them outright and hope for the best. This is the way my company works and we end up hiring most of the people, but it allows us to pull the eject button if necessary. ;)

Lighthouse Communities has an opening for a LISC Americorp position. It pays $18k a year and has full benefits. You also get a $5,000 stipend to pay of student loans or continue on with your college education or other secondary schooling. The position will work directly with our Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy designated area and the Neighborhood Associations located within the NRSA. Call our offices if you are interested. 616-451-9140

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for two senior graphic design positions. It is incredible to me that we have Kendall in town and the talent in Grand Rapids is mediocre (truly sad, I'd dare say Kendall is in the business of selling diplomas more than building art skills from some of the garbage portfolio's I've been looking at).

If you are truly a senior designer (or know somebody who is), with some great design chops, please send me a private message. We're looking for two (heck, I'd hire three but we've been doing some "corporate raiding" as far a way as Detroit and Chicago without luck).

Please also send links to your work.

Thanks!

Joe

I'm looking for two senior graphic design positions. It is incredible to me that we have Kendall in town and the talent in Grand Rapids is mediocre (truly sad, I'd dare say Kendall is in the business of selling diplomas more than building art skills from some of the garbage portfolio's I've been looking at).

If you are truly a senior designer (or know somebody who is), with some great design chops, please send me a private message. We're looking for two (heck, I'd hire three but we've been doing some "corporate raiding" as far a way as Detroit and Chicago without luck).

Please also send links to your work. ...

Archived