Target on Clyde Park Avenue

pcdoctor

This past Sunday, my brother was over at the target store on Clyde Park Avenue. He told that they are doing some extensive remodeling/adding on to the building. Anyone who happens to live in that area, could you please let us know what's going on out there? This is the target on Clyde Park/54th Avenue.

Thanks

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're adding a facade to the front of the building, to make it look more like the newer target stores. Some interior work will be done to update the cash register and cafe-ish area. I also heard rumors of a starbucks going in...but I'm not sure on that one.

Hmm...Not trying to sound jealous, but Target should have paid attention to their Alpine Location before tackling the Clyde Park store. The Alpine Target is a find place an all. But with the renovated Alpine Meijer coming online this fall, a pending Wal-Mart Super Center set to open sometime Q3 of next year and the construction of Orchard Park Life style center to begin at anytime now, competition for the old Alpine Target is really starting to intensify.

• 3 weeks later...

the new entryway is done for the most part. Not sure what sorts of renovations they'll be undertaking inside the store, but I did notice yesterday that a large chunk of the north wall of the building seems to have been removed. I had been wondering if they were planning to do anything there now that they'd moved the entrance away from that northwest section of parking lot. Does anyone know of any plans to build additional retail space out into that parking lot now that the exterior renovation seems to be largely complete?

Target comes in one of three formats.

1. Target, a discount department store like the one on Alpine Ave.

2. Target Great Land, a Target store's offerings plus limited groceries, mostly dry goods, can goods, and perishables, no produce/ meats/ deli.

3. Super Target, a full blown super center featuring a Target store's offering plus full line supermarket.

A Super Target is too big for the property. However, I'm betting that the Clyde Park Target is being upgraded to Target Great Land to be more competitive with the very large and fairly recently renovated Meijer store directly across the street.

the new entryway is done for the most part. Not sure what sorts of renovations they'll be undertaking inside the store, but I did notice yesterday that a large chunk of the north wall of the building seems to have been removed. I had been wondering if they were planning to do anything there now that they'd moved the entrance away from that northwest section of parking lot. Does anyone know of any plans to build additional retail space out into that parking lot now that the exterior renovation seems to be largely complete?

Archived