Memorial Day Weekend

I could have posted this in the Michigan forum, or the lakeshore forum I suppose, but we get a lot more traffic here :)

My wife and I are going to Saugatuck over memorial day weekend. I'm looking for a recommendation for a nice dinner or two. Anyone have a suggestion?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could have posted this in the Michigan forum, or the lakeshore forum I suppose, but we get a lot more traffic here :)

My wife and I are going to Saugatuck over memorial day weekend. I'm looking for a recommendation for a nice dinner or two. Anyone have a suggestion?

We love the White House. It's owned by an older Italian guy. He and his wife come out and entertain the whole crowd. I believe they recently expanded as well.

You definitely can not forget to walk over to the Tabor Hill and Fenn Valley winery tasting rooms.......

I second the Everyday People Cafe! My dad lives practically above it so we know it well. You can't go wrong there. Also the pizza joint around the corner makes amazing pizza (no room to sit but we would sometimes grab a pie and eat it on the beach or in a park or wever)

go see Barry at the saugatuck brewing company. seriously, if you have a few hours brew your own... couse you'd have to go back to bottle... otherwise just stop in to try whatever's on tap and have a chat.

I second the Everyday People Cafe! My dad lives practically above it so we know it well. You can't go wrong there. Also the pizza joint around the corner makes amazing pizza (no room to sit but we would sometimes grab a pie and eat it on the beach or in a park or wever)

go see Barry at the saugatuck brewing company. seriously, if you have a few hours brew your own... couse you'd have to go back to bottle... otherwise just stop in to try whatever's on tap and have a chat.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the recomendations everyone! We ate at The Butler, Chequers, Everyday People Cafe, Restaurant Toulouse, and some other places not mentioned in this thread. Every one of them was delicious. Some of the service was pretty lack luster (Everyday People Cafe especially), but other than that it was great. :thumbsup:

We'll have to try Phil's (ran out of time), and Marro's (too busy) next time!

Archived