Show Me Your Hills

bic

I've never been to Tallahassee but have heard that it's pretty hilly-- for a Floridian city anyway. After living in Florida for 17 years (in Orlando and Miami), I've gotten used to the flatness of our state, so now the idea of a Floridian city being hilly intrigues me (like the idea of snow falling here). So if you guys have any pictures of this type of terrain in or around Tallahassee, show them off. Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really into taking pictures of our hills... but this is what I've got

CollegeAvenue.jpg

SonyShots008.jpg\\

DSCF2889.jpg

FreshPave.jpg

TennMonroe.jpg

DSCF2747.jpg

DSCF2698.jpg

April29UPdate041.jpg

April29UPdate007.jpg

6c41ff68.jpg

These pictures aren't representitive of Tallahassee's true hills. It's just what I can find of things I've posted already. I may make it a project to go aroud looking for some rolling hills to capture.

I think if you truly want to see some of Florida's rolling landscape you ought to visit in person. :)

YEA!! THE neighborhoods in the godby area; Scenic Heights( on Tharpe) San Luis ( on San Luis Rd), town country and the neighborhood that goes from High Rd to Old Bainbridge( I call it high hills) you will be able to see why Tallahassee is so blessed. These hills helped me to stay in shape. That is also why San Luis park is my favorite. That's why I need to buy a new camera, to show yall of Tallahassee's beauty

this section of FL is generally more hilly than the carbonate platform that comprises the peninsular portion of the state. the highest point in FL, all 345 feet of it, is about an hour away, just beneath the AL state line.

the true extent of any hilly terrain is very difficult to convey in photographs, at least in my poor experience. TJ's shots do as much justice to the sort of hills in tallahassee as you're likely to find.

if i remember correctly, it seems that the area of central florida near the horse country - ocalca and its environs - has its share of hills as well...though to my eye, these are lower and more gently rolling than those in north FL.

Archived