RestedTraveler

CONSTRUCTION THREAD: New Palmetto Bank Headquarters

148 posts in this topic

It looks as though work is ready to begin on this one, folks! :tough:

Rendering:

2006-09-22_GreenvilleHQRendering.jpg

A photo I took this afternoon on my way out of downtown showing some survey work that has been done on the corner of Church and East North:

492102207_5ef9d6fc5b_b.jpg

So what material will the exterior consist of?

Does anyone have any pictures of the present structure? Might be useful for before and after pictures.

Although there will be a parking lot behind the building, I'm glad to see that they positioned the building itself close to the street (on both North and Church Streets). That helps a lot.

Does anyone have any pictures of the present structure? Might be useful for before and after pictures.

If not, someone had best get some before it's gone. :lol:

Stone masonry will be the exterior finish of this building. we are doing this one also.

I assume, then, that this is going on the site of the current building?

I assume, then, that this is going on the site of the current building?

You got it. Hopefully the construction process will cause minimal impact on Church Street and North Street, as they are major commuting routes.

Stone masonry will be the exterior finish of this building. we are doing this one also.

Cool; that's classic.

I'm no longer in the area, so is TPB leaving Laurens? I hope they aren't removing their presence entirely, because that's the last thing that poor town needs.

I too am excited about the stone, it should look very nice! :thumbsup: I think some more buildings should use at least some of that style, like perhaps the Federal courthouse building (if it actually ever happens).

I'm no longer in the area, so is TPB leaving Laurens? I hope they aren't removing their presence entirely, because that's the last thing that poor town needs.

They are moving their headquarters to Greenville.

IMO stone is ideal for a federal court house building with maybe some big doric style columns on it. I love that stuff!!!

It almost appears that the bottom of the building will be green granite. Is that the case, erm1981?

It might be? We will have a better idea once we see the final set of plans. It does look like it might be though. That would be pretty!

Thanks, erm1981! If it is, it'll be downright beauty-full! :camera:

Based solely on the artist's rendering, it appears that the majority of exterior material will be limestone. The green marble or granite would be a nice touch to accent the bank's colors. :shades:

^^^Like on the poinsett plaza. I think this building will have a really nice presence downtown.

The wall is starting to go up around the site...got a photo before it gets painted green like all the rest. :lol:

20070611-023.jpg

Looking forward to this one. The architecture should be very nice for this section of DT, and maybe it will help pull more development to the church st section. :good:

Glad to see this one starting. This will definitely help spread downtown toward Bi-Lo. Great corner for a new corporate headquarters. :thumbsup:

Haven't seen any activity on this. Anyone know if there is a holdup/reduction/redesign/"opps I didn't plan well" by the developer delay going on here?

Haven't seen any activity on this. Anyone know if there is a holdup/reduction/redesign/"opps I didn't plan well" by the developer delay going on here?

No, they're still working on it. They had to remove asbestos from the inside and out, I believe last week. It should be about ready for the bulldozer...

Yep. Saw guys hauling interior debris away this past week.

Found out the story about that small plywood wall they put up. I thought it was going to be the wall around the construction site, but they never did more than that one little corner.

Turns out, that was a demo of exactly where the outside corner of the new building will be. They wanted to put it up for visualization purposes.