CONSTRUCTION THREAD: New Palmetto Bank Headquarters

RestedTraveler

Something I just heard about...

If you look at the left side of that picture...see all the trees along Church St.? That is supposed to be a public area, kind of like a gift to the city of Greenville. It's not going to be huge, but it's going to be a nice bit of landscaped green space along Church St., a quaint little park for people to enjoy. A great addition to a fairly un-green block downtown.

Very cool! That will be a nice addition, indeed. :thumbsup:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is a nice feature. Reminds me of the old Wachovia setup. Hopefully they're also eying it for expansion possibilities down the road, rather than building a new campus somewhere :thumbsup: .

This building will be significantly larger than their previous building on the site, it seems. Does anyone know if they'll be relocating a lot of people, or hiring a decent sized crowd? :dontknow: Or it could just be room to grow...

Now, if only Peoples would move their HQ from Easley... :silly:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm curious if the bank logo / name will be on the building anywhere? I hope if the logo is used, it's just the logo in silver or bronze metal, backlit. I tend to think Palmetto Bank's, green and yellow logo looks a little dated when the entire logo is lit.

I'm curious if the bank logo / name will be on the building anywhere? I hope if the logo is used, it's just the logo in silver or bronze metal, backlit. I tend to think Palmetto Bank's, green and yellow logo looks a little dated when the entire logo is lit.

They haven't gotten around to the front side with the facade yet, but the bank's logo is supposed to be part of the facade, according to the architectural rendering:

2006-09-22_GreenvilleHQRendering.jpg

Passing by the site this morning, I noticed they had a crane lifting the logo into place on the front of the building. The logo is an oval disk, from the exact same precast material as the sides of the building (tone on tone). The logo is etched into the disk. The entire disk looks like it will float a foot or so from the building....wires were behind, so looks like the disk will be backlit. It looked reserved and in good taste. No more horrible green and yellow lit logo. :thumbsup:

Greenville-based Palmetto Bank is expanding into Rock Hill. In "The Herald" article, it even refers to downtown Greenville's success, one that it thinks Rock Hill can achieve as well.

The Herald

Great to see expansion occurring as they build their new HQ. :)

It'll be a long, long time before downtown Rock Thrill becomes close to rivaling Greenville's. I'm here at Winthrop and drive through downtown every now and then...nothing, nothing, nothing. It can definitely happen, but it will take a lot of time and work.

It'll be a long, long time before downtown Rock Thrill becomes close to rivaling Greenville's. I'm here at Winthrop and drive through downtown every now and then...nothing, nothing, nothing. It can definitely happen, but it will take a lot of time and work.

The people who said that probably looked at city limit populations and stopped there. :rolleyes:

The article was more saying that as Rock Hill revitalizes, which the Palmetto Bank has witnessed and enjoys in Greenville today, it wants to be a part of that in Rock Hill, which is why they chose downtown RH instead of the growing surroundings...

Archived