CONSTRUCTION THREAD: New Palmetto Bank Headquarters

RestedTraveler

If you haven't checked out the park area going up next to Palmetto Bank, check it out. It isn't just basic grass and trees. It's looking nice! :thumbsup: You're going to be shocked. A courtyward with walls, lamps, etc. Very much under construction, but coming along really well.

• 2 months later...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the way the plaza turned out. Once the trees have matured, this will be a very green area, with the Chuch Street median landscape and the Episcopal church landscaping. Should be a nice quiet spot. Still have to ask who / what the statue represents?

IMG_7267.jpg

I am not sure about the statue (didn't even know a statue was planned for there), but I like it. Maybe he is excited to be in Greenville! :lol:

Could be. Maybe he spotted a cow on Main Street and he's giving a big MOO. Or better yet, maybe he's jumping because cow ants crawled up his pants leg. :lol:

He's hoping for the end of the recession?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Anyone know how Palmetto Bank is doing? gman (not Citylife-gman) you were the one who told us all that TSFG would never fully occupy the new campus and you were spot on. You must be in banking. I heard some rumors (only rumors) this week that Palmetto is about to be gobbled up. Any truth to the rumors? I know they have sold several branches lately.

Anyone know how Palmetto Bank is doing? gman (not Citylife-gman) you were the one who told us all that TSFG would never fully occupy the new campus and you were spot on. You must be in banking. I heard some rumors (only rumors) this week that Palmetto is about to be gobbled up. Any truth to the rumors? I know they have sold several branches lately.

Palmetto Bank is struggling. I hope they make it, but I would not be surprised at all if another bank takes them over, soon.

So TD Bank fully occupying the new campus and creating 1,400 new jobs doesn't count for anything? TD Bank buying TSFG was a blessing in disguise as TSFG was only going to create 600 jobs.

Palmetto Bank is struggling. I hope they make it, but I would not be surprised at all if another bank takes them over, soon.

That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, especially since it seems that lots of banks are wanting a presence in the Upstate right about now.

That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, especially since it seems that lots of banks are wanting a presence in the Upstate right about now.

The bad thing coming out of a take over is if the bigger bank is already local. That could mean a lot of jobs lost. TD buying Carolina First was a best case scenario for the local employees and for the upstate.

Their Texas Ratio has greatly improved over two years ago: [REDACTED BY REQUEST] - I don't know how the rest of their business indicators are doing.

The bad thing coming out of a take over is if the bigger bank is already local. That could mean a lot of jobs lost. TD buying Carolina First was a best case scenario for the local employees and for the upstate.

I hear the bank looking at Palmetto is not local, but a mid sized regional.

Seems to be more on the rare side for a local bank to be the acquiring company, but I suppose it could happen.

Seems to be more on the rare side for a local bank to be the acquiring company, but I suppose it could happen.

What I was referring to was a regional bank that already has a strong local presence. That would be bad news for a lot of employees.

Archived