Charlotte/Mooresville Wedding Locations

I'm interested in potential wedding/reception locations in the Mooresville, Lake Norman, Huntersville area that can support a reception for approximately 200 people. Something nice but not too extravagant in terms of cost.

Of interest are historic bldgs, etc. that have been used in the past.

Any suggestion or recommendation are welcomed.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I attended a wedding and reception at an old quarry outside of Mooresville. This was 2 years ago. I don't remember the name of the place but it is on the main route leaving Mooresville going toward Salibury. The setting was awesome. There was the quarry with water and cliffs in the background. The wedding was in the evening so the sun was reflecting off the rocks. They had the place set up very nice. It is all outdoors, so, weather would be a factor. If you are interested I can try and find the name of the place.

I was going to say Queens Landing as well and use one of their boats but they would not be able to fit 200 people on it. I attended a wedding on one of their yachts (they have two yachts and one paddle boat) and it was great. Unfortunately, like I said, they can't fit 200 people, I'm guessing there were about 60-70 people onboard.

I was going to say Queens Landing as well and use one of their boats but they would not be able to fit 200 people on it. I attended a wedding on one of their yachts (they have two yachts and one paddle boat) and it was great. Unfortunately, like I said, they can't fit 200 people, I'm guessing there were about 60-70 people onboard.

The Point in Mooresville has an EXCELLENT location for weddings - an "old" meeting house (it's just made to look like an old Nantucket hall), centered in a community village and green, and a banquet facility located therein on the lake. Unfortunately, you can't just do the service at the hall, you will have to do your reception at the facility too - which can get picey.

Archived