Atlanta Could See 1,250 Foot Tall Tower

Kenneth Disraili-Jean

There is a rumor going around that world famous architect and developer John Portman of Atlanta is in the planning stages for a 1,250 ft. tall mega tower that could reach 100 stories. This tower will be built along the Midtown Mile and would include office space, condos and possibly a hotel. And it is rumored that the tower might have a restaurant on the top floor. The building would be completed in 2010. Now we have plenty of supertalls, but Atlanta has never seen a megatall before. I hope this comes to fruition becuase I think it would really make a bold statement for the city and metro region as a whole. Please let me know if you have heard anything about this.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just based on rumors, I definately get the sense that there might be something big on the horizon and by big I mean a big in impact not necessarily in height.

I've heard a rumor that some big name developer could partner with Simon (owner of Lenox & Phipps) for a development on the Midtown Mile.

I really dotn care of you call it a super tall or a mega tall as long as we get a really tall building over 1200 ft. I'm crossing my fingers on this one and hopefully Portman will put some though on the streetbase of the building unlike he did on the BOA.

Archived