Winston-Salem Photos

Myles Away

I've seen some really sweet photos of Winston-Salem uploaded

in the past months and I want to share some of my favorites.

These are not mine. The postcards are mine.

128house2.jpg

128house7.jpg

128house6.jpg

128house5.jpg

128house1.jpg

128house.jpg

16110.jpg

128salemartglass.jpg

128financialdistrict.jpg

128mainstreet.jpg

128journalbldg.jpg

128horseback.jpg

128gmac.jpg

128fox8.jpg

128fourth420.jpg

1615.jpg

3786chapel_20031207.jpg

1612.jpg

1611.jpg

1618bellsouthup.jpg

16136salemconcerthall.jpg

16131financialdistrictleaf.jpg

16120aptswestend.jpg

16128fourandahalfsign.jpg

16112goler_heights.jpg

16124topofdome.jpg

161184thstreet301.jpg

16115aon.jpg

161westend1.jpg

161trainstation.jpg

161highschool2.jpg

161highschool.jpg

161eastwinston.jpg

161auditorium.jpg

161christmasf.jpg

161christmasdiversity.jpg

...and of course: The skyline photo!

161dayskyline.jpg

Winston Tower looks different now. Isn't it about time for a new skyline

photo with the new Winston Tower? :P

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking the same thing as i was scrolling down through the photo's , Cityboi. That's probably one of the best skyline pics of W-S i've seen , because outside pan views generally make the city look somewhat spaced out , ( at least compared to that pic).

Where is this?

161christmasf.jpg

I do apologize (spelling?) if I missed anyones photos. I took them off one website with four different photographers. This is a good time to visit since the music in the streets has started back and the downtown market is back open for the summer. In June more places will open downtown including a brew pub a sofa bar a new bar an urban night club and an Italian place.

That skyline photo is of the lower end of the skyline It only has a third of the skyline in it. It gives everyone a good idea of how dense and large our downtown is.

161christmasf.jpg

That's a photo of the inside of a neo classical building on Fourth Street downtown. It was formerly the Bank of North Carolina Building. Now it's an upscale furniture store for residents of the new lofts downtown. The inside is all stream line art deco. A nice upscale candy store is also in the building with offices above.

• 4 weeks later...

I totally forgot to reply to this! Nice photos! I used them on my welcome post. :) It shows the reasons why we are often called the New England City of the South with our colonial homes, rowhouses, arts, historic neighborhoods and don't forget our skyline of mixed architectural styles. ;)

Hey! Welcome. None of them are mine but they are nice. I took them from Skyscraperpage.com. If you're not a member over there you may want to check it out. It seems all the Winston-Salem talk is over there these days. Even though this is by far a better forum. It's more like a community than SSP. Maybe we can talk the others into joining this forum so we can get our very own Winston-Salem forum here? Just an idea! :P We are second only to Charlotte in number of members but third or fourth in number of posts. :o:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

we need a new skycaper like this one

http://www.skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=10689

:shades:

that's nice! It would blend in with the architectural style but not the height. :( it would stick out so much but it could be seen from almost anywhere in the city. I have been hoping for many years that BB&T would propose a new tower since they are one of the top 10 largest banks in America and have got to be outgrowing their space since the last project they built was back in 1996 I believe? :blink:

Archived