SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retail at that location could be a problem. Not much street activity. This project could change all that, and they could get some folks from the Government Center coming over to shop. I'd see this retail as more service oriented than anything else, but what do I know?

Given the past history of the project, I'm amazed they didn't claim a Saks 5th would be located on the ground floor.

Retail at that location could be a problem. Not much street activity. This project could change all that, and they could get some folks from the Government Center coming over to shop. I'd see this retail as more service oriented than anything else, but what do I know?

Given the past history of the project, I'm amazed they didn't claim a Saks 5th would be located on the ground floor.

:lol:

it has been there for sometime

You know there are some people with reservations who still have the pricing from the VERY first time that Park was offered. Just think what kind of profit they will make. For that matter, everyone in the project has pricing from at least 1 yr 6 mths ago. They should at least just be able to sell when it is built and make some money.

"(To Link to any posted press release, click any underlined word)" :rofl:

The photos are pretty cool. I wish them the best of luck. What is this, the fourth time they have "released the remaining units for sale". Now that there is an arena, plans for second ward, and possible NHOF, the southern and eastern views might have more selling points.

But I predict it will sell out -- in RECORD TIME!

AGAIN!!

Sorry, can't resist. :P Face it, this will be "the Rodney Dangerfield project" until we see a crane.

Yea... No Respect.... But even Rodney made it to the bigtime... I guess since The Park Condos has started construction, has its building permit, ordered the steel and has its construction loan closed and funding in the bank, then maybe it will get some respect as well.

For those who post negative stuff about the project, don't you wish you could be like Pete, dream a dream and make it reality, even when everyone (YOU) said it will never happen... Pete is an expert and build things, what have you done? Except :cry: Now just go to www.TheParkCondos.com and watch... :shades:

Yea... No Respect.... But even Rodney made it to the bigtime... I guess since The Park Condos has started construction, has its building permit, ordered the steel and has its construction loan closed and funding in the bank, then maybe it will get some respect as well.

For those who post negative stuff about the project, don't you wish you could be like Pete, dream a dream and make it reality, even when everyone (YOU) said it will never happen... Pete is an expert and build things, what have you done? Except :cry: Now just go to www.TheParkCondos.com and watch... :shades:

We've been watching for FIVE years now with recurrent announcements about construction "starting next month" and the project being sold out (when it wasn't), and then being divided into two phony phases, so that the first phase could be "sold out." The delays were too numerous to count and the hyperbolic advertising stretching the truth until it nearly breaks. All the while, construction started on three other high rises and has finished on one. I think we're entitled to a bit of pessimism until we at least see a crane. All that being said, I'd be happy to have a few more neighbors Uptown. But, I'm still pessimistic.

We are all rooting Mr. Verna on, and want his dream to come true. We are skraper-addicts on this site, so you better believe it became our dream too from its first announcement. The skepticism is purely the result of the long wait. I think we are so punch drunk on this project after all the false starts.

I think the building permit and construction activity has quieted much of the pessimism, but it is still hard to be confident.

We are all rooting Mr. Verna on, and want his dream to come true. We are skraper-addicts on this site, so you better believe it became our dream too from its first announcement. The skepticism is purely the result of the long wait. I think we are so punch drunk on this project after all the false starts.

I think the building permit and construction activity has quieted much of the pessimism, but it is still hard to be confident.

Thank You for your kind comments... New pictures posted on The News Update page.. City gave them the permit to put up the orange road barriers yesterday. Not just pulling up a truck and dropping a few orange construction barrels... Look for construction updates and more news to come.. Thx :thumbsup:

We've been watching for FIVE years now with recurrent announcements about construction "starting next month" and the project being sold out (when it wasn't), and then being divided into two phony phases, so that the first phase could be "sold out." The delays were too numerous to count and the hyperbolic advertising stretching the truth until it nearly breaks. All the while, construction started on three other high rises and has finished on one. I think we're entitled to a bit of pessimism until we at least see a crane. All that being said, I'd be happy to have a few more neighbors Uptown. But, I'm still pessimistic.

Life is too short to drink cheap wine..... So like fine wine, The Park Condos will be built to perfection.. And as far as the two other projects that started construction, last time I checked, they are at three floors so far. The park is already at four floors and getting ready to go up. Another one is a big hole and still digging out the super concrete supports Mr. Verna built a long time ago. The one that is finished looks nice, but if I remember, the buyers bought into a nice looking blue building, but now it looks like a normal stucco beach condo project next to the CNN building... :P

Life is too short to drink cheap wine..... So like fine wine, The Park Condos will be built to perfection.. And as far as the two other projects that started construction, last time I checked, they are at three floors so far. The park is already at four floors and getting ready to go up. Another one is a big hole and still digging out the super concrete supports Mr. Verna built a long time ago. The one that is finished looks nice, but if I remember, the buyers bought into a nice looking blue building, but now it looks like a normal stucco beach condo project next to the CNN building... :P

Fine wine versus cheap wine? I'm sorry, but that sounds like the same puffery coming out of the marketing literature.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the project if they'd just been truthful about the time line and managed peoples' expectations. If I were a potential purchaser, I'd be really nervous about whether the building will be as good as described in the marketing literature. Hyperbolic advertising can stray pretty far from what's contractually binding and this project has been notable for a willingness to spin just about anything positively to keep itself alive. If I wanted to overspend for some additional luxury in a better, taller building with a much better location, I would go with the Vue.

Perhaps wine is really a good example after all because if you ask most wine experts, they'll tell you that the more expensive 'fine' wines trade on reputation and are a lousy value. Especially when the waiter is trying to puff up their tip and maximize their employer's profits at your expense.

Fine wine versus cheap wine? I'm sorry, but that sounds like the same puffery coming out of the marketing literature.

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the project if they'd just been truthful about the time line and managed peoples' expectations. If I were a potential purchaser, I'd be really nervous about whether the building will be as good as described in the marketing literature. Hyperbolic advertising can stray pretty far from what's contractually binding and this project has been notable for a willingness to spin just about anything positively to keep itself alive. If I wanted to overspend for some additional luxury in a better, taller building with a much better location, I would go with the Vue.

Perhaps wine is really a good example after all because if you ask most wine experts, they'll tell you that the more expensive 'fine' wines trade on reputation and are a lousy value. Especially when the waiter is trying to puff up their tip and maximize their employer's profits at your expense.

Good point. I have decided today that I would rather have "Pete" announce the tower as dead than string it out for months. Yeah, sure he has built a little platform to start with, but with 9 or so buildings of equal or taller height announced and plans that look 10 years old, I wouldn't mind the enitre thing being scraped. I am a skyscraper whore as most of y'all are, however an old looking project built on top of a 15 year old parking deck doesn't warrant spending top dollar on a"luxurious" apartment.

OK I will give you that one. But sounds like you have to much time on yours hands. Check out Petes credentials and compare to the rest. No match. He has fixed many of the others condo projects problems and will have a better building. Have a great day!

Good point. I have decided today that I would rather have "Pete" announce the tower as dead than string it out for months. Yeah, sure he has built a little platform to start with, but with 9 or so buildings of equal or taller height announced and plans that look 10 years old, I wouldn't mind the enitre thing being scraped. I am a skyscraper whore as most of y'all are, however an old looking project built on top of a 15 year old parking deck doesn't warrant spending top dollar on a"luxurious" apartment.

Its Alive and Well. Plans take time and the City of Charlotte is the issuing authority on the plans and so far, they like everything Pete has designed, planned and presented to the City.

Archived