SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Park's website.

Grand Ground Breaking on The Roof (May 13th - 11 am to 3pm) Enjoy some fine cuisine and a Steel Drum Band

Official Ground Breaking at 2 pm with North Carolina OSHA Director and Mayor Pat McCrory

How did Hizzoner get roped into this train wreck?

Well....as I quoted above, the notes from the review staff are pretty harsh.

I would recommend another meeting before this project comes back in for review. Also there is some concern on my part weather this project will be ready to permit by the end of year. We have a new code that comes effected on July 1 2006 and the 2002 North Carolina Code will not be able to be used after December 31st of 2006. So if you do not have a building permit for this structural by thistime you will have to go back to the redesign stage for this project to meet the new 2006 code.

Not to mention, if I were the mayor, I'd prefer to show my face at projects that are actually breaking ground within a year of their expected date. I'm not saying that this project won't get completed, but as a betting man, I'll gladly put money on a post 2007 completion.

Well....as I quoted above, the notes from the review staff are pretty harsh.

Ahh ok, I read back through the thread and the project does seem to have some issues that could again derail it. (that's assuming it is on the rails in the first place)

It's an election year. While he isn't running won't hurt to get his face on TV as much as possible. Ground breakings are good for sitting politicians. Wonder if Easley will show up to take some credit when he learns that McCroy will be there doing the same.

He was at Avenue I believe.

Also, in regards to the Vue, that 35% number seems a bit shady to me....I think that the lack of info coming from the Vue sales staff led people to speculate, which the general public took as fact.....

As far as the Park.....they've sold 2 out of their final 31 units according to MLS....I wonder what Verna's profit margins are if he can't get $400/ sq. ft. for the remaining 29 units....I would think he has to be somewhat nervous considering he still has some units reserved in the $200-$250 psft range.

The interest rate situation is pushing people off the fence into "I am not buying right now stage" for this kind of market I would assume. Both projects still could feel the heat of that if oil prices continue to rise which invariably force up the bank rates. It can't be helping with construction costs either.

I'm confused. Is this the ground breaking for the rest of the building? It sure sounds that way. They haven't got there permits for it though?

As for the Vue. I wonder how anyone had recieved numbers from them. I heard last week before they announced, that they were told to keep there mouths shut about it.

I'm confused. Is this the ground breaking for the rest of the building? It sure sounds that way. They haven't got there permits for it though?

As for the Vue. I wonder how anyone had recieved numbers from them. I heard last week before they announced, that they were told to keep there mouths shut about it.

I think the Vue is bluffing about their being read to break ground. I could break ground on my own development this evening by taking a spoon over to any old plot of land and taking a scoop. I'll believe it when the bulldozers are going and a crane is starting to go up. Too much prevarication in the construction business. That being said, I do want it to happen. Not being a "naysayer" as has been referred to here elsewhere. They've just got every reason to puff and are sorely lacking on hard data, which you know would be out there if it was favorable.

I think the Vue is bluffing about their being read to break ground. I could break ground on my own development this evening by taking a spoon over to any old plot of land and taking a scoop. I'll believe it when the bulldozers are going and a crane is starting to go up. Too much prevarication in the construction business. That being said, I do want it to happen. Not being a "naysayer" as has been referred to here elsewhere. They've just got every reason to puff and are sorely lacking on hard data, which you know would be out there if it was favorable.

The article today in The Observer following a press release indicated a push to single female buyers. They talked about their approach to marketing and discussed a few other things -- buildings that are selling well don't tend to continue with press releases telling everyone how great the project is for one reason or another. At least not typically.

I personally believe that many of you are looking at this the wrong way. The VUE is a high-profile project in the many proposed residential projects for uptown. They are simply trying to market themselves as much as they can to make sure they make the most money and stand out in the crowd. I do belive they have reached pre-sale requirements and will break ground, but don't think that great publicity/marketing is hinting at a different story.

The VUE team in Orlando played their numbers pretty close to the vest, and they broke ground within two months of their originally projected start date, pretty remarkable for developers these days.

Perhaps that's just the way they do things. I don't understand why, if the project is going well, one wouldn't want to speak about it. They don't seem to be modest about any other aspects of their building.

As far as appearing in the Observer, the Park is in every article they have about Uptown development. Its what, five years and counting for them?

"Grand Ground Breaking on The Roof (May 13th - 11 am to 3pm) Enjoy some fine cuisine and a Steel Drum Band - Official Ground Breaking at 2 pm with North Carolina OSHA Director and Mayor Pat McCrory"

From the Parks home page.....what's really going on?

"Grand Ground Breaking on The Roof (May 13th - 11 am to 3pm) Enjoy some fine cuisine and a Steel Drum Band - Official Ground Breaking at 2 pm with North Carolina OSHA Director and Mayor Pat McCrory"

From the Parks home page.....what's really going on?

Yeah, this was talked about a couple of weeks ago. I wonder what exactly it means as well.

Yeah, this was talked about a couple of weeks ago. I wonder what exactly it means as well.

I hear it was just getting ready to bring in the crane and steel. Crane takes time to prep and them move in, then the steel comes in and they move verticle quickly... Verticle in no time..

verna_final_4000%20Brighter_edited.jpg

Actually, I never thought i'd say this, but I like it. Hopefully it happens.

NVQ, who are you?

I hear this is the first rendering. A night version may be next... And then.... :ph34r:

Archived