SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When do they expect to be completed and moved into? I was so used to ignoring this project, I have a hard time keeping track of what they're doing now that it is under construction. Once the other condos topped out and were halfway done at putting up the facade at Trademark, for example, how long did it take then to complete it? I don't see a completion date anywhere on their website.

Earlier this year I was told they were supposed to close on some of the units in December. That doesn't look like it will happen. My guess is people will start moving in April-May

I agree. Definitly not December. You can see from the pics that they haven't even begun interior work! I'd say next spring/summer myself.

It looks like it will be done sometime in summer 2008.

http://www.charlotte.com/business/columnis...ory/326467.html

I must wish Mr. Verna all the best in his retirement. I'm sure he has a lot to be proud of in his long career, and I know all of us congratulate him for making the Park happen despite years of setbacks and universal skepticism.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait till they slap up the pancake batter on the side of it. It won't seem too classic then :).

I must say though, that I notice the Park a lot when I'm out and about and it seems like it really helps to create a nice infill in that area. It is going to feel much less isolated when Brooklyn Village and Nascar projects are done, I think, but in the meantime, it is nice to have contiguous development all the way from McDowell to 3rd Street Station.

But I agree that it is sort of refreshing to not only have more traditionally designed structures going up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NVQ, alter egos are not allowed on this site and your nursery rhymes are not welcome here. If you are indeed someone associated with this project, then I see why The Park so many problems getting off the ground leading people to believe that it would not be built. It's not like it took 7 years from announcement to someone managing to get out there to stick a shovel in the ground. Is this how you speak to your business associates or do you reserve this behavior for us?

(because I am such a nice person, you can still post using your NVQ ID)

You are very keen Admin............and thanks for letting me know that the riddles have come from the same party.

Are the "Tower" and the Park having a contest to see how long a project can take to complete? My God, this thing is going at a snail's pace. I really hope Verna does something with the western half of the block. The first ten floors are pretty ugly from Brevard Street.

seems that way. My money would be on the Park to finish first, don't have any reasons why, just a guess.

Not really sure if Verna is even involved anymore since he's actually retired. I'm pretty sure someone on this board knows.

Went past The Park today and they have started to put the exterior up on the back side of the building starting at the the top level of units. Remember, the top floors will be released first in this building so the exterior will be finished from top to bottom. The parking deck also looks like it is close to be ready to receive cars. This project is much closer to completion than most would think.

• 1 month later...

Oh my gosh! Almost nothing has changed, except the height of that platform. That is scary. I wonder if he has run into financing issues with the credit crunch like Garrison did. He was already teetering on the edge, it seems. The only thing else I can figure would be that they have opted to move forward with stuff inside. But it seems very strange to start stuccoing a side and then stopping completely for a month.

Archived