SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some more news for you guys from The Park's website...

Project Update

Phase One (77 Condo Units) Sold Out In Record Time

Phase One Garage/Structure Up fit To Begin April 2005

Phase Two (30 Condo Units) To Be Release April 2005

Phase Two Structural Steel To Be Started on 4th floor July 2005

Here's some more news for you guys from The Park's website...

Project Update

Phase One Garage/Structure Up fit To Begin April 2005

Phase Two (30 Condo Units) To Be Release April 2005

Phase Two Structural Steel To Be Started on 4th floor July 2005

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And to add to the trip through our alternate universe of "the Park", this is from their website:

During the Pre-Sales of The Park Condos, we invite you to join The Tower Club of Charlotte & The Charlotte Society. If you are not already a member, then let us know. After you commit to purchase one of The Park Condos, we will give you a tour of the club & its facilities and lunch is on us. Then when you decide to join the private club, we will waive the initial membership fee saving you up to $2,000...

The Tower Club of Charlotte is a private business, sports and social club located in the heart of uptown Charlotte. It is just three blocks from The Park Condos and is a place where Charlotte’s professionals interact in our dining facilities, lounge, and sports center or meet at one of the Club’s special events.

Once you become a member, not only do you have access to The Best of Charlotte, but then you have access to all of Club Corp. facilities. ClubCorp owns and operates nearly 200 golf courses, country clubs, private business clubs and golf resorts. Your have access to all the clubs as if you were a member. Anytime you travel, a ClubCorp property is nearby...

Within driving distance from Charlotte, you can visit the clubs in Hilton Head, Charleston, Savannah or Golf Bear's Best in Atlanta just to name a few places. Among the company’s nationally recognized golf properties are Pinehurst in the Village of Pinehurst, North Carolina, (the world’s largest golf resort, site of the 1999 and 2005 U.S. Opens); Firestone Country Club in Akron, Ohio, (site of the 2003 World Golf Championships – NEC Invitational); Indian Wells Country Club in Indian Wells, California, (site of the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic); The Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia, (America’s first resort founded in 1766); and Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, California, (home of the Kraft Nabisco Championship).

ClubCorp more than 60 business clubs and business and sports clubs include the Boston College Club; City Club on Bunker Hill in Los Angeles; Citrus Club in Orlando, Florida; Columbia Tower Club in Seattle; Metropolitan Club in Chicago; Tower Club in Dallas; and the City Club of Washington, D.C.

Free membership to the Tower Club (which no longer exists), which I suppose is well suited to the Park (which doesn't really exist) and the sell out in record time (record long time) in a phase I and phase II, which was created out of thin air.

How much bs and baloney can they spin? I'd be afraid to send these people my money.

• 3 weeks later...

I was told about a month ago from a former Helen Adams agent who was on the sales team that the hold up was still one due to lack of financing.....but "Verna thinks he's going to get it soon"......

I keep writing this project off as dead, but I really don't see anything to keep it from happening. Verna owns the parking deck so he can began whenever his financing lines up......I'm sure once construction begins that he can sell out the units, though I would assume many people have bailed.

He's in a Catch 22 situation now. He probably can't attract buyers withouth starting construction, and he can't start construction without having committed buyers.......this project may die with him, though even at that point, I would assume someone would buy the deck and revive the plans.

Well, The Park only has one more day in April, "release phase II condos" and begin upfitting the parking deck.

I'd hate to see this project fall through, but it really looks like it just continues to slip every deadline they announce.

• 1 month later...

i just moved DemonDeacon's update from the rundown to here.

The Park's website now says

Project Update

Phase One Garage/Structure Up fit To Begin June 2005

Phase Two (30 Condo Units) To Be Release June 2005

Phase Two Structural Steel To Be Started on 4th floor August 2005

http://www.theparkcondos.net/nws_feature_main.htm

I must say, though, i know there is a cynical reason to make the dates imminent ... but for some reason, the fact that they have updated it to be this month seems positive.

Archived