SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• 1 month later...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know Verna's email address? I really think if he were to read this thread, he would realize his shortfalls and maybe be prompted to either let it die or get up and do what it takes to make this happen, and yes, redesign it a bit in the process.

I think when he initially announced this project, it was the first highrise to be announced after the ugly Pink monster, so he wasn't in the shadow of larger more experienced highrise developers. Now he has alot to live up to, much flashier and well organized projects are not only announced, but well into construction before he even gets all his permits.

Even Furman, who experimented with highrise design on the Courtside has announced and almost completed a tower well after Verna's initial announcement, and has a second one going up already.

Pete, if you read this... Please fire your staff and do what it takes to make this happen the right way!

Good points, utcltjay. I hope he does reorganize and move forward with a redesigned project. Now that he has new partners, I wonder if they are thinking of doing something like that.

Urbancharlotte, I think the only thing anyone expects now that mid-December has come is for them to update their website with a mid-January start date.

• 2 weeks later...

Urbancharlotte, I think the only thing anyone expects now that mid-December has come is for them to update their website with a mid-January start date.

Actually they did. Today is December 25, 2005. No more start dates. The announcment on the Parks' website, dated (Dated Dec 29th, a few days out in the future) reads among other things : "construction to begin" and then "Way before its time?". The question mark is there for added assurance.

I want to believe them that they have gotten their act together with the new partner, and have finally gotten things ready for an imminent start to construction.

But I don't.

Good luck to Mr. Verna, et al.

I really want to see some second ward projects starting. I wonder if the prospects for growth in the neighborhood will help them sell the remaining units.

It might be a bit far for incorporation into the Marshall Park project. However, hopefully something will get moving on the rest of the block that The Park is on, as well as the NCRR/N-S block just west and the rest of the block just east of the Transportation Center.

Those blocks have been empty for a long time, yet they are in the heart of much of the action with the Arena, Epicenter, and Light Rail.

This project is such a joke. They had 18 months to construct and people could cancel without any penalties. I'm sure that a lot of people have already hit this mark and got their money back. Also, I hear that in May the rest of the people will have a right to cancel either in may or before.

So by the time it comes, enough people will have a refund to get out of it.

Does anyone know anyone still involved in this? I have a friend who is involved and can't get out of it until 18 months. Anyone else? :rofl:

www.theparkcondos.net went off the air - The domain is pending renewal/delition

According to Verisign, the domain name is locked as of Dec 30th 2005.

Don't know if this is a lapse on the Park Condominiums part, but it does not

point to a good start for 2006. The Park was to be the first high rise Condo Tower

in Charlotte and is sad to see them not being able to do anything visible in the last few years.

Major Announcment!

Construction to Begin on The Park Condos!

When, where, and how? That's the major announcement?

Man, I'm hoping, but they haven't issued any new renderings, have no building permit (that I'm aware of), and my folks in the planning department have told me this project is dead, dead, dead.

So, what's the deal?

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!

The park has been granted at $6M building permit

:w00t:

Wow. Congratulations go to them. Hopefully, their new development partner will get this thing moving smoothly all the way to 22-25 stories

Skeptics note: that could just be the upfit of the parking garage, which they might just be doing to regain consumer confidence.

Great find RD21!

Considering how long this project has been stalked by bad news, I think anyone buying in, needs to be prepared to be very patient.

yeah, seriously. the people who bought into this project didn't realize they were actually pre-paying into their long term care facility.... ha.

From the Park's website.

Way Before Its Time? Now its a reality! Construction to begin on The Park Condos!

(Building Permit Posted on Jobsite)

I like the last line....shows you how little faith they assume the public has. All that said, I actually have decided that I really like this building architectually IF they used real stone all the way up instead of EIFS.

Anyway, all we can do is watch and wait on this.....it would be the feel-good story of 2006 if it does happen.

From the Park's website.

I like the last line....shows you how little faith they assume the public has. All that said, I actually have decided that I really like this building architectually IF they used real stone all the way up instead of EIFS.

Anyway, all we can do is watch and wait on this.....it would be the feel-good story of 2006 if it does happen.

Sounds like their web editor reads Urban Planet and is quelling the skeptics. :)

Archived