SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I talked with someone who said that this is just hitting some bumps and is 110% going to be fully built. Occupancy is slated to begin in Summer 07' and the building will be done no later than the end of 07'. They intend to finish the top floors first. If you haven't heard the avg. price per sq.ft. is $420. They are about 75% sold out as of now. Hopefully they can speed this thing up to give people some hope.

Things aren't looking better for the park....the strutural review stage is finished (with them having about another 40 disapproved items)

This is a quote on the review form.

I would recommend another meeting before this project comes back in for review. Also there is some concern on my part weather this project will be ready to permit by the end of year. We have a new code that comes effected on July 1 2006 and the 2002 North Carolina Code will not be able to be used after December 31st of 2006. So if you do not have a building permit for this structural by thistime you will have to go back to the redesign stage for this project to meet the new 2006 code.

As a side note....the building height is listed at 296' (89M)....not sure if that was posted for.

A developer who has never "developed". An architecture firm whose specialty is single-family homes and historic warehouse conversions. A skeptical permitting department. And the use of technology unproven in Charlotte.

That doesn't even mention the 5 years of trying to find a lender.

It gets more strange...Helen Adams has been kicked to the curb (or maybe they saw they were on a sinking ship and bailed) and a new realty company has taken the helm. Anybody ever hear of Marlin Realty? Didn't think so. I called today and spoke with someone who didn't have a complete grasp of the English language.

This is like watching a very dark comedy.

I've resisted making any smart aleck remarks on this thread for a while... I'll just say that when re-establishing confidence is a priority, I don't see how using an unknown broker is going to improve things.

I've resisted making any smart aleck remarks on this thread for a while... I'll just say that when re-establishing confidence is a priority, I don't see how using an unknown broker is going to improve things.

How did Helen Adams get there start? Great people and a great firm, but until only 2 years ago, did they have a great presence in the Uptown Condo market. It took an outsider to guide them in the market Charlotte has not seen before. They just did not come to Uptown and say "We are established and we can sell Condos". Since then, they have many many condo projects in uptown and to sell off what is left at The Park, seems very small to them.

The respectible Mr. Furman sells his product in-house, without the need of a named brand R.E. Firm. However, more important, he works with the Real Estate Community.

Does it take an large respectible firm to sell condos in Uptown? I think is takes a responsible Real Estate Brokerage firm to work with the Real Estate Community and take care of the potential buyers and home owners. Marlin Realty is a small firm from the country burbs, but they do large real estate transactions here and at the beach and doing the condos in Uptown is real easy. Its taking care of the clients.

This forum always seems to have a lot of negative postings from the same people and hall monitors.. Just wonder is this just a way for people to vent or just have a lot of time on there hands. Hopefully, we can turn this into a forum of ideas, minds, thoughts and Yes, the negative, but lets have some balance here.

Have a great day :shades:

It gets more strange...Helen Adams has been kicked to the curb (or maybe they saw they were on a sinking ship and bailed) and a new realty company has taken the helm. Anybody ever hear of Marlin Realty? Didn't think so. I called today and spoke with someone who didn't have a complete grasp of the English language.

This is like watching a very dark comedy.

Not kicked to the curb my friend. They have way too many projects and this was just winding down. It was a mutual agreement to not renew there contracts. Helen Adams thought it would be a fresh start for The Park, with taking the sales in-house per se, with Marlin Realty the broker in charge and no other Uptown projects to compete for potential buyers. They are small, but the MLS is large and its a relationship business and its not about a listing machine, but working with clients for find a home.

On the conversation you had with the Broker, I think you are still living in the South, so to speak with a southern accent, is this a bad thing... Bucky made it to the Top 8 finalist on American Idol even with a heavy southern accent. Is that wrong as well. What Condo Unit did you inquire about? None? Thought so... Bada Bing your way back home if you do not like the south. :cry:

You know, I'm sure it doesn't help when the parking deck that they'll build on top of looks really bad, and the Charlotte National Building looks kind of bad next door.

It is getting a complete facelift... The CNB building is historic in nature and although not listed in the Registry as one, maybe you should walk in the inside and look at all the history. Mr. Verna is not just going to tear down history because of progress or someone wants it to look metroish.... Positive Positive Positive hall pass please.

$420psf!?! Holy mackeral, no wonder they can't squeeze the remaining 25% out the front door.

I definitely think this project will get built, but it is really clear why they've had problem.

That price is for Phase Two, last few dozen units. The phase One of 80 units or more had a selling price well below this price and each and everyone of those buyers are very pleased that there investment has already made them money. Yes, it has taken longer than expected, but the difference on what they paid and what is selling on average in Uptown, it still allowing them to increase there potential investment return. It that a bad thing?

On the Phase Two price per SF... This is no longer the highest in Uptown. There are 2 projects selling mush higher. And if you look at the amentities, its not even close.. OK, so one throws in a SubZero if you buy a unit... So.. When you buy at The Park, you pay for only the heated SF. Each unit comes with no less than a 9'x10' covered balacony all the way up to a 9'x52'... Heating, Cooling, Cable, Personal Security, 8mb Internett, Trash Compactors, ect come with a unit. Even on nights and weekends, Condo Owners will have an a few hundred extra secured parking spaces..... :ph34r: OK, no SubZero, but you do the math.

However, make sure when you post negative stuff, have some real information to balance out your postings... As the monitor, dont use this as a forum to vent...

The Park has new construction updates from April 6th. These are the funniest yet. About half the pictures are dedicated to showing pedestrians utilizing the covered walkway, and one was a blimp flying overhead.....it's really really sad.

In other Park related news. They've applied for their structural building permits and have so far been denied on 35 items that didn't meet code...and that was just the backflow prevention and fire reviews......they haven't been reviewed yet for plumbing, mechanical, elictrical, and general stuructural issues. It's a slow, hard road for the Park.

Great to hear that.. Saw the pixs as well... Did you expect to see the same pix of the same guy working on the same wall that takes 2 weeks to work on? Lighten up on Mr. Verna.. Better to see something then nothing and wondering.

On The Permits... Sounds like you have some good intel... Yes, it is a process and it takes time. But work is in process for the permits he does have and steel is on order and should arrive in June sometime. It al takes time.. But it will be permitted for the final....

Not kicked to the curb my friend. They have way too many projects and this was just winding down. It was a mutual agreement to not renew there contracts. Helen Adams thought it would be a fresh start for The Park, with taking the sales in-house per se, with Marlin Realty the broker in charge and no other Uptown projects to compete for potential buyers. They are small, but the MLS is large and its a relationship business and its not about a listing machine, but working with clients for find a home.

On the conversation you had with the Broker, I think you are still living in the South, so to speak with a southern accent, is this a bad thing... Bucky made it to the Top 8 finalist on American Idol even with a heavy southern accent. Is that wrong as well. What Condo Unit did you inquire about? None? Thought so... Bada Bing your way back home if you do not like the south. :cry:

Gee, if I "bada binged" my way back home it would be 60 miles east southeast to the Palmetto State. And I never said it was a Southern accent, I said they could barely speak English. Perhaps I got an answering service from India.

You sound just a wee bit defensive. What you read on this board is pretty much representative of what's being said on the outside in the real estate and planning communities. No one wants this project to fail, but it appears to be riddled with problems. One would think that having a well-known real estate company to bring much needed credibility to the project would be job one. I'm sure that Marlin is a fine company, but no one has a clue as to who they are. The development is now five years (dare I say) overdue. Mr Verna and the Park NEED credibility on their side.

Yeah, what was up with that? That makes me more nervous about this project than ever. One would think that that if they were beginning tower construction that they'd have an updated architectural rendering than that one from circa 2001. That image just made it clear they only have one to work with.

People do not buy on just a pretty picture... If so, I have a nice rendering of some condos in swamp land in Florida for you to buy. Of course, I took the rendering and cleaned it up a bit, put pretty blue colors for the Windows just like the Courtside did, added some nice furniture and views like the Vue, which is only 35% sold so far, and made it look real nice... What to buy it?

OK.. I will stop there... Pictures are nice... So I hear Mr. Verna is spending some money on getting a pretty digital rendering for those who like pictures... It will be posted on the web and in Ads in a few weeks... He is stepping up like the big boys are.... :shades:

Gee, if I "bada binged" my way back home it would be 60 miles east southeast to the Palmetto State. And I never said it was a Southern accent, I said they could barely speak English. Perhaps I got an answering service from India.

You sound just a wee bit defensive. What you read on this board is pretty much representative of what's being said on the outside in the real estate and planning communities. No one wants this project to fail, but it appears to be riddled with problems. One would think that having a well-known real estate company to bring much needed credibility to the project would be job one. I'm sure that Marlin is a fine company, but no one has a clue as to who they are. The development is now five years (dare I say) overdue. Mr Verna and the Park NEED credibility on their side.

Sorry about that... Just being an outsider not from the South, I see people quickly judging others and I have never been exposed to it in such a way. It goes for accents to color... But love Charlotte and welcome to the New South.

Agree on credibility... He was just bringing in everything in house.. He is still paying the Real Estate Community the Co-Broke, so they still make the same money. Give him some time and it will so positive. :thumbsup:

The Vue is more than 35% booked. Trust me on this. I will however, thank you for your tid-bits. I like most here, are really hopeful that Verna builds The Park. I think the view and amentities will be incredible. I am glad you are here in CLT and sharing all of your valuble info.

I think most here like to have a scapegoat for delayed and speculative projects in CLT and Unfortunately The Park is it since it made history by being touted for five years w/out anything being done. Don't feel bad we picked on the Renwick too, and see it is finally happening. :) We all are glad to see some progress being made, and I truly believe Verna's partnership with a co-developer will give this project legs.

Please forgive any downplay of the project, since most on the board love to throw darts at an easy target.

Most on this site know one another and live and breath Charlotte Development. We are a friendly bunch. :) I am glad to have your insight and glad to have another personlity thrown into the mix.

I am very excited about The Park and look forward to seeing a crane, hopefully very soon. Any additional insight you can provide is greatly appreciated on this or any other projects in Charlotte. :thumbsup:

A2

Archived