SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

Hmmmm.....I'm going to agree that this is a major step backwards in design....

The building has about 3 different design elements going on, with none of them complementing the other.

But it appears the majority here like it, so to Verna's credit, he's obviously now producing something more desireable to potential buyers.

P.S. The website still says stucco above floor 3.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stucco above floor 3 has me less positive on the design. I wish they'd go with a different color if it is stucco. Beige/pink stucco is really not that attractive.

I believe there are still about 33 units unsold in this place, so it doesn't appear to be getting the sales response that I think they anticipated when they began construction.

But if they have the financing and permits to actually get built, I'm sure they'll sell the remaining units. I think the only thing preventing the sales is that the market is spooked about paying that money and then waiting for years before it can be walked into.

But if they have the financing and permits to actually get built, I'm sure they'll sell the remaining units. I think the only thing preventing the sales is that the market is spooked about paying that money and then waiting for years before it can be walked into.

And plans that are always 6 months in the future as the above demonstrates.

And plans that are always 6 months in the future as the above demonstrates.

In that scenario, then, no, I think they won't sell more than a third of their remaining units.

If they can't fix the permitting issues in the next few months, then my optimism will be reduced quickly.

Lots of people milling around on the roof of the Park (from Arena webcam)...

Did anyone go to the ground breaking?

Arrived a little late and did not take many pics but here they are. The views of uptown will be great, but unfortunetly most of the remaining units will face the gov. center. Hard to sell unless you enjoy looking at a reflection of yourself.

5-13-06004.jpg

5-13-06003.jpg

5-13-06001.jpg

5-13-06002.jpg

5-13-06008.jpg

I just did that above. If you want to reference the rules there is a link at the top of the page. There is more to it than the few lines you posted. Most of the 8000+ members here never have any trouble with them.

Since you have decided to speak for the developer of The Park on this forum and defend his actions, are you doing so in an official capacity as a representative of the place?

Been out of town.. Always try to reply to others in a respectfully prompt manner.

Not a bad boy and not trying to disrespect you or anyone else. Just Fair and Balanced News on The Park and other projects.

Nothing I do is in an official capacity of The Park. I report to no one and represent no one and yet, represent many here in Charlotte. Knowledge is Power and my Sword is my Pen.

From now on, lets stick to the facts of the Forum on The Park, with Fair and Balanced News, Info, Ect. Agree? :thumbsup:

I didn't realize it was as early as summer of 2000.

I just want them to sell for crying out loud so we can be done with this matter! :)

The dust was blown off the plans and work started all over again. The top real estate brokers in the community stated that no mid or high rise condos would ever sell in Charlotte, and no condos would sell that was larger than 1,300 SF. OK, so these same people thought that there was only enough people in Charlotte with money to buy out the Radcliff. They were wrong.. Those same naysayers are now seling everything they get there hands on and the largest units are the first to sell.

Pete is somewhere in his early 80's and he is in that picture at the May 13th event. Still standing in the picture, so lets try to give him a chance to build The Park. Under the actuary (?) tables, he should be home, but he seems to be everywhere all the time...

OK, The park had issues and what I read on this forum, someone has access to private records and posting the information. I would love to have that capability. But lets put everything to the side... It is what it is... he is moving forward and everyone see's the results.

Lets post the good and the bad, and equal access to all to speak about The Park Condos project.. :shades:

Not a bad boy and not trying to disrespect you or anyone else. Just Fair and Balanced News on The Park and other projects.

Nothing I do is in an official capacity of The Park. I report to no one and represent no one and yet, represent many here in Charlotte.

You seem to be keenly interested in publicity about The Park, though. When will we see you posting on ... say ... the Eastland Mall thread? :whistling:

I saw on the back of the Rhinoceros Times a full page add or the Park with a huge blow up of the rendering they released just a bit ago. The building really isn't that bad looking, and, if you are facing the city you are going to have the best views of Charlotte in town.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...and in a related story, a snowball was seen thrown across hell...

seriously, is anything going on with this project? It seems that parts of the building are being ripped off and then put back on or covered with nylon. There are no more than a few workers working on the outside at any given time.

Well, if there are 3 or 4 hardhats working each day, the project is "under construction". I get the impression that they don't want it to look as if work has stopped completely. Probably some degree of time-buying is going on....

Well, if there are 3 or 4 hardhats working each day, the project is "under construction". I get the impression that they don't want it to look as if work has stopped completely. Probably some degree of time-buying is going on....

You know the more and more I think about it, the more I doubt this project happens. This has to be the biggest let down in CLT's condo boom. It has been public for over 6 years. If I as a potential buyer would have invested my deposit in a high yielding savings account or bond fund, I would have made enough money to probably have a nice downpayment on something that is actually getting built. Man what a joke!

This is a sad situation. As hope springs eternal, I will still maintain an ere of optimism, but put this thing at 90% dead. Please Verna, PROVE ME WRONG!!!!!

A2

• 2 weeks later...

Archived