SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Park falls through, for what it's worth at least 2nd Ward will have a snazzy parking garage~~

Don't know about snazzy but it may be shaky - the steel frame with concrete slabs did a 'rattle and shake' under heavier wight. A friend had a dodge truck that he parked on the top floor, besides being extremely narrow to navigate, the inclines felt like they 'gave in'.

But on the bright side -- I saw the other day that concrete was being poured inside the deck. Still no vertical movement.

I remember that at some point The Park mentioned that the existing four floors gave the Park's consturction advantage over the Avenue or the TradeMark because the latter two were starting from scratch. Today the Park appears to be 5/10 floors behind these two projects.

The Avenue is at 8 or 9 and the TradeMark is probably up to 15 floors up. Even 210 Trade will catch up with them by the end of September.

• 2 weeks later...

The Park has submitted for its building permits to go vertical for the 3rd time....so far, they are still being denied, but they are barely into the review process......we'll see how much closer they get this time.

Hmmm....only the electrical diagramming has been reviewed yet. I don't think they did a unit by unit calculation of amp maximums (I think that was the reason)

Could you provide addition details and confirmation of your source on this information on the permit status? I heard something came from the city dated July 21st, 2006 about issuing the Shell Permit? This is on top of the other permits issued over time...

Permits Attatched to the Project THE PARK CONDOS, Permit Status, UMJ 2004002 DONE, BBP 131261 DONE, PLR 2006017 DONE

I got it from the City online KIVA system. thx

Could you provide addition details and confirmation of your source on this information on the permit status? I heard something came from the city dated July 21st, 2006 about issuing the Shell Permit? This is on top of the other permits issued over time...

Permits Attatched to the Project THE PARK CONDOS, Permit Status, UMJ 2004002 DONE, BBP 131261 DONE, PLR 2006017 DONE

I got it from the City online KIVA system. thx

So what does this mean? Are we suggesting that this building is not even approved by city council in some capacity? Is it possible that all of the fuss is for naught, and that the bldg. is now more now than ever, not going to be built?

A2

No, A2, the permits come from the people in charge of enforcing building codes. They review the technical plans and approve a building permit in order to continue with construction.

Atlrvr (I assume from the online permit website) says they are not approved, NVQ says are approved (if I interpretted correctly).

No, A2, the permits come from the people in charge of enforcing building codes. They review the technical plans and approve a building permit in order to continue with construction.

Atlrvr (I assume from the online permit website) says they are not approved, NVQ says are approved (if I interpretted correctly).

Well if NVQ is correct, can we expect to see a crane moving in? I mean I have only been waiting for 6 freggin years! :P

A2

Well....there are many different reviews done to achieve a building permit. Per NVQ, they actually did get approved for the "building", but they were denied for electric as I noted above. Other reviews that have not been completed are mechanical, plumbing, fire, and backflow prevention.

Since they failed the electrical review, they will not be able to get building permits (and NOT go vertical) until they resubmit acceptable electric plans.

It seems they are inching closer, we will see how the review of the other systems go. The positive is that the electrical problem that got that reivew disapproved seems like a relatively easy fix.

Well....there are many different reviews done to achieve a building permit. Per NVQ, they actually did get approved for the "building", but they were denied for electric as I noted above. Other reviews that have not been completed are mechanical, plumbing, fire, and backflow prevention.

Since they failed the electrical review, they will not be able to get building permits (and NOT go vertical) until they resubmit acceptable electric plans.

It seems they are inching closer, we will see how the review of the other systems go. The positive is that the electrical problem that got that reivew disapproved seems like a relatively easy fix.

As stated in the KIVA system, the City issued the Building Permit for Underground work, main structure upfit and Duke Power major upgrades as posted on the site. Kiva shows issued permits as such. I am sure others are correct as to submissions and pass/fail, but again, I heard the Core/Shell Permit was issued by the City on July 21st and not sure how that relates to electrical, mechancial, ect. for a Steel Erected building.

The Park has updated their website to announce they have ordered steel from Southern Steel.....and for those of us who need reassurance, they have included a link to said steel supplier's website.

how about a copy of the bill of lading and ordering documentation? :rolleyes:

how about a copy of the bill of lading and ordering documentation? :rolleyes:

There's probably a dozen of those invoices littering the 6 or 7 construction sites within a 1/4 mile that started four years after this project and are going to finish before the Park even has its first permit. They could grab one of those out of a trash can and scan it in. Scratch out "210 Trade" or "Trademark" and pencil in "Park."

One of my friends has a unit at The Park and is thinking about bailing out if he can even do that. I wanted to get a feel for what people think about this project. I have been on the city website and can not make heads or tails out of the permits, whether they have failed or passed or what they are for. Seeing if anybody had an update or if anyone has seen a project of this size not be built even after the building permits have been secured.

Depending on his purchase price, I'd consider hanging in there. Though this thing seems to drag, Verna does keep spending money to keep it moving, no matter how slowly.

My gut is this thing will somehow make it to completion, but I'm not buying into the Park's mantra that using steel construction will make this go up super-fast.

Well, this thread is two years old and despite postings from people associated with that project that go something like....

70% sold better hurry, record sales, 80% sales, official ground breakings, etc etc etc, there are no dates. And the building was announced 4 years prior to this thread.

I am reminded of that old Wendy's commercial that went "Wheres the Beef". When the elderly woman went to the competing hamburger joint and found there was nothing inside their bun.

" .... Where's the Building!?" :whistling:

If it were my money, unless I was stupid enough to sign a contract with no expiration, I would be suing to get my money back. That is my opinion since you asked for it.

I am reminded of that old Wendy's commercial that went "Wheres the Beef". When the elderly woman went to the competing hamburger joint and found there was nothing inside their bun.

" .... Where's the Building!?" :whistling:

:rofl:

Amen Metro!

A2

So did anyone notice the big news about the Park in Dougie's write up today?

Here is the quote from Today's Observer:

The Park

107 units, 21 stories.

Construction of the base is under way. Steel is to start rising by October. The first condos will be available in fall 2007.

Developer Pete Verna has 25 units remaining in the $300,000 to $400,000 price range.

Here is a UP quote from 3 months ago:

Here's some more news for you guys from The Park's website...

Project Update

Phase One (77 Condo Units) Sold Out In Record Time

Phase One Garage/Structure Up fit To Begin April 2005

Phase Two (30 Condo Units) To Be Release April 2005

Phase Two Structural Steel To Be Started on 4th floor July 2005

^....ad in today's "O" tells us that 80% of the Park is sold ......

This was posted on UrbanPlanet 1 year and 1 month ago. If you believe, at least the statistics they posted then, then in 1 year and 1 month they have only managed to up the units sales from 72% sold to 80% sold.

My rusty math says that is just 7 units in 1 year and 1 month. Not exactly a gold rush (pun intended) if you ask me.

So the time line goes like this:

4/2005: 30 Condos left

5/2006: 21 Condos left (according to an advertisement)

8/2006: 25 Condos left

NVQ, please explain.

So did anyone notice the big news about the Park in Dougie's write up today?

Here is the quote from Today's Observer:

Here is a UP quote from 3 months ago:

^....ad in today's "O" tells us that 80% of the Park is sold ......

This was posted on UrbanPlanet 1 year and 1 month ago. If you believe, at least the statistics they posted then, then in 1 year and 1 month they have only managed to up the units sales from 72% sold to 80% sold.

My rusty math says that is just 7 units in 1 year and 1 month. Not exactly a gold rush (pun intended) if you ask me.

So the time line goes like this:

4/2005: 30 Condos left

5/2006: 21 Condos left (according to an advertisement)

8/2006: 25 Condos left

NVQ, please explain.

With All Due Respect<

Why ask me? You have all the stats, so does Observer, Biz Journal, others. I guess Verna is just like all the other projects and being tracked by everyone. As long as they are all good for Charlotte and they have full disclosure on there projects, contracts, communication, ect.. I think that is all that matters to anyone without it being posted each minute of the day he does something or posts an annoucement. Some Bank gave him big bucks to start his project, so under federal banking laws, they must have done all there checking to make sure it is all legit, before they gave him a dime, and continue to do so each month. And the same banks send out 3rd party inspectors to double check the GC, to make sure they are doing what they say they are doing.. It is strict lending laws and he must be doing something right... No matter what people post.

I will give you the same answer if you ask me what is going on at The Vue and why they needed to resubmit for a permit which just got approved, as they put a building that was was to big for the land they have on option and had to buy more land (CHARMECK, or the newly annouced N. Tryon Project at the Ren. Hotel that just was annouced in the media, but they do not even have a contract on the land or even an option. I can buy that land faster than they can. Ask me about pending land deals or projects in the Uptown Loop, who is doing what, when, ect,? Maybe I will tell you.. And Not just on The Park. And thats the rest of the story..... :ph34r:

Archived