SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to revive this very old thread for this update, in honor of this very old project.

It looks like cranes will finally be coming out for The Park, just as many of you permit-system sleuths have predicted.

The following update is now on the Park website:

"Project Update:

Phase One (77 Condo Units) Sold Out In Record Time

Phase One Garage/Structure Up fit To Begin April 2005

Phase Two (30 Condo Units) To Be Released April 2005

Phase Two Structural Steel To Be Started on 4th floor July 2005"

http://www.theparkcondos.net/nws_feature_main.htm

Hahahaha.......so they are claiming that the 30 units they didn't already sell are now part of Phase II......I'll believe this project is really going to happen once they recieve their C.O.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, i thought was pretty obvious and dumb of them. Apparently, by that timetable, they won't entertain offers on those 30 units for another month :).

I'm not a real estate insider... but could that mean that they have worked out the financing/business plan that they could be okay with stopping at 77 units, and then come back the higher floors later? (or is that just trying to give them some credit for their ploy to use the word "sell-out" when they didn't really.)

by the way, i think they will be able to sell the 30 units when construction actually begins. The biggest blackmark on this project has been its perpetual pre-construction phase.

Phase One (77 Condo Units) Sold Out In Record Time

Yeah - that makes me laugh. Good marketing spin on that one, since 'record time' could mean absolutely anything - perhaps the so-called 'Phase One' holds the record for the fastest sell out of a condo project begun five years ago (?) that is located at 3rd and Caldwell.

Yeah - that makes me laugh. Good marketing spin on that one, since 'record time' could mean absolutely anything - perhaps the so-called 'Phase One' holds the record for the fastest sell out of a condo project begun five years ago (?) that is located at 3rd and Caldwell.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or record time could be SLOWEST sell out of any uptown highrise, which would definitely be true here.

Or maybe a new personal record compared to how quickly they sold out 5 years ago. er um uh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or record time could be SLOWEST sell out of any uptown highrise, which would definitely be true here.

Or maybe a new personal record compared to how quickly they sold out 5 years ago. er um uh.

Or just build the dam thing a'ready.

I just think most people think it won't happen, so only the people who don't mind being in for the long haul are invested in the units.

It is still a lame spin, even if it is just on some random part of their website.

finally good to see this thing is getting off the ground and starting construction soon. i'm not gonna hate on them taking so long or not having all the condos sold. it's just good to see that this project is finally going to be built, since it has been on delay for a few years and took so long to get the permits through.

The competition must have now spurred on a more agressive marketing strategy by the Arlington -- just saw an advertisement on tv for the Arlington: "New Units Available Now"... "Charlotte's Only Residential High-Rise"... "Amenities Not Available Anywhere Else (with a shot of the pool)."

Interesting -- first time I've seen this type of project advertised in a traditional tv commercial.

The competition must have now spurred on a more agressive marketing strategy by the Arlington -- just saw an advertisement on tv for the Arlington: "New Units Available Now"... "Charlotte's Only Residential High-Rise"... "Amenities Not Available Anywhere Else (with a shot of the pool)."

Interesting -- first time I've seen this type of project advertised in a traditional tv commercial.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They forgot to mention the amenity of living in a building that looks like shiny cubed spam.

I know the building is pretty damn ugly from the outside(I call it the pepto bismol building), but who cares. The condos themselves are awsome inside, great views of uptown, and you cant see the pink from inside anyway.

Dont know how true this is, but someone told me that they were suppose to use blue glass instead of pink. But they used the pink because it was less expensive. And then found out that its easier to see inside at night....when a light is on inside.

A friend of mine has a condo in the pink building. At night, from the inside, the glass looks copper in color. It doesn't look at all pink.

The color is called "desert rose" it was used in a hotel in Las Vegas, I can't remember which one. Gross flew to Vegas to preview the color and approved. I remember reading this way back during the original controversy.

Archived