SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

Exciting I had not been made aware of the green roof part, and had not thought of the location in relation to the park, thank you for the visual. Is the property line responsible for the subtle angle in the back as well?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An EFIS facade is dripping with petro-foam, not luxury. No building with plastic materials is luxury. It is an odd mix of attempted luxury, add back when Verna thought his was the only residential high rise in town, and cheapness, added when Verna was trying to get it off the ground after inflation made the building expensive to build.

I wouldn't want to commute anywhere by car when living there, as a winding turn down 10 stories of parking would be brutal on a daily basis. Hopefully that translates into a lot of residents being pedestrian commuters.

Am I missing something here with plastic materials? I did not see anything in the website about this lack of fine materials? Let me in on this please.

The parking structure height is 12 ft 6 in for each floor, per the city. This is much higher than Wachovias 7 ft 8 in or Charlotte PLaza's 9 ft 6 in parking deck. I think you can drive a mack truck at 40 miles an hour up and down those ramps. But agree with you on the Live Without a Car concept. Its too close to work to drive.

If you have inside information that this is going to be real stucco or an other quality material, then say so. But the look of the rendering, and the way they appear to be building it, gives all appearances than EIFS will be used as the siding material. I even think that might have been confirmed at one point in the last 45 pages, but I'm not certain of it.

I'm not sure what the height of each floor of parking gains you, except maybe Mitt Romney can visit with his dog cage on top.

I would be happy to know that Verna is only using quality materials, but so far, it has been a universal expectation from this board from uninvolved observers that it will not. Reality wins, though, so please correct us if we're wrong.

Actually from my sources it will be hardcoat stucco, granite and brushed metal. As of 2 months ago, there was no dryvit included in the plans.

Exciting I had not been made aware of the green roof part, and had not thought of the location in relation to the park, thank you for the visual. Is the property line responsible for the subtle angle in the back as well?

Yes the building angles like that because the property line also angles down.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone find out conclusively if the Park will be covered in EFIS?

Lovin' the last pics posted here:) The Park does a good job at sporting an interesting roofline. Definitely not flat, thank heavens. I still think this may end up being one of Charlotte's gems.:)

Did anyone find out conclusively if the Park will be covered in EFIS?

Lovin' the last pics posted here:) The Park does a good job at sporting an interesting roofline. Definitely not flat, thank heavens. I still think this may end up being one of Charlotte's gems.:)

Agreed. The Park definitely looks good with the non-flat roofline. You can see how it impacts the skyline coming from South Boulevard. It definitely has one of the best skyline views of the city.

Dont let Riddlers let you believe what they want you to believe. Sometimes the truth takes time to be unveiled :)

Not their backers, just part of the past. Await a phoenix to arise from the dust, showing who is really behind the curtain. But enough of the quite giant, let The Park rise above those who said it would never be, one floor made three, then seven makes twenty-one. Each day The Park gets its outer shell, then to CO and then its ready for the first move-in before the drop of 2007, a few lights a week, then filled by spring. Then stepping next door, one may see, maybe its part three. Go Verna and the :ph34r:

Not their backers, just part of the past. Await a phoenix to arise from the dust, showing who is really behind the curtain. But enough of the quite giant, let The Park rise above those who said it would never be, one floor made three, then seven makes twenty-one. Each day The Park gets its outer shell, then to CO and then its ready for the first move-in before the drop of 2007, a few lights a week, then filled by spring. Then stepping next door, one may see, maybe its part three. Go Verna and the :ph34r:

NVQ, alter egos are not allowed on this site and your nursery rhymes are not welcome here. If you are indeed someone associated with this project, then I see why The Park so many problems getting off the ground leading people to believe that it would not be built. It's not like it took 7 years from announcement to someone managing to get out there to stick a shovel in the ground. Is this how you speak to your business associates or do you reserve this behavior for us?

(because I am such a nice person, you can still post using your NVQ ID)

• 3 weeks later...

Nice photos. I was invited for a private viewing in September 2005 and couldn't make it because of illness. Today I wished to have dragged myself to buy one that time. Unfortunately, the prices are "sky" high at this moment. It will be splendid once finished. All those lucky folks!

I'm finally getting the hang of the tower, I had hated it from the side, but I'm starting to get used to it. I'm afraid that we are going to be victim of another ugly bag however.

Nice photos. I was invited for a private viewing in September 2005 and couldn't make it because of illness. Today I wished to have dragged myself to buy one that time. Unfortunately, the prices are "sky" high at this moment. It will be splendid once finished. All those lucky folks!

Correction. I was invited to RSVP for a private viewing of the Avenue. Anyhow either way I missed out big time!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived