SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

The business journal is reporting that Small Brothers purchased an adjacent 1 acre parcel to the Park. The story said the parcel was under contract by Verna (but never closed on) and was to be 'towers' 130,000 of office and retail in the original plan. Regardless of current intent its good to hear about activity here, it always looks quiet when I drive by.

My apologies, I am having trouble finding the link it was in today's (9/24/10) issue.

I could not find a url because it was in the Table Talk section.

\/ Nice find Urbanity, it matches the rooftop business vibe.

That's great news. I would love to see more infill in that area. On a related note, I went to look at the lot on Google Maps and noticed that the sattelite view seems to show evidence of work being done on the roof.

post-24262-025803400 1285422187_thumb.pn

I hope you are correct and work has actually started on this project again. I lack patience when it comes to things like this...I want them finished yesterday. It would be great to get more activity started in the blocks surrounding this project, but I'll settle for getting this project finished first. Sooner rather than later please.

^^^That is good news indeed!

No, that roof has been there since at least early 2009. There hasn't been any visible exterior work, but there are definitely people in there doing something. The entrance off of 3rd St has been open a lot recently.

My bad. The gold/brass looked newish in the photo, but then again it was a Google satellite image so it could have been a little older/

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, Great News! It looks like The Park is finally ready to get moving again according to this article in the Charlotte Observer. As someone else stated, the construction elevator is moving. Additionally the owners have purchased some land around the building, for perhaps some valet parking. The developers will unveil their plans soon.

• 3 weeks later...

You bet, expect an official announcement within days... From what I've seen it's going to be a great addition.

I think I read in the Observer something about building on additions to the Park which is why the developer bought an extra acre or extra something of land behind it? I hope it is going to be a "great addition." We need a couple of "Great Additions." I was too spoiled during the early 2000's construction boom and my appetite for more developments has grown hungry since this stupid economic crisis.

Archived