SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

I know we have a Super 8.....do you think a W or even a Four Seasons?

A W or Four Seasons seems like a stretch to me, but maybe a Hyatt? I can't believe that there is no Hyatt anywhere in the Charlotte area aside from Hyatt Place or Summerfieid Suites. I always thought that was weird...kind of like if we only had a Marriott Courtyard and a Marriott Fairfield Suites, but no real full-service Marriott.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK. I'll bite. What is that suppose to mean?

I'm scared to put too much thought into it. I rather be pleasantly surprised than disappointed, lol.

:camera: Here's to something amazing that Charlotte "doesn't have" that will give us something positive to look forward to. I can't imagine something that doesn't require a 2nd structure that Charlotte doesn't have. Hm....

PS Thanks for the little info ES Charlotte. I bet it kills you to not be able to tell us. It'd kill be.

There are 3 full service Marriotts in Charlotte (Trade and Tryon, I-77 and Tyvola, and on the back side of SP Mall) There was a full service Hyatt in SP until 2005 or 2006 when it was sold to a firm for condo conversion. That market dried up, and it was sold again and is currently flagged a Renaisance (sp?) Inn.

If I had to guess, I'm going with a hotel/condo or hotel/apartment mixed property, with the hotel portion being operated by Kimpton Hotels. I have no inside knowledge to this however.

PS Thanks for the little info ES Charlotte. I bet it kills you to not be able to tell us. It'd kill be.

It does w00t.png.....

If you could put two post together from what's been posted since my last post. You would know exactly whats going to happen...

P.S. It will be a great addition, but don't get too pumped.. It's nothing that denotes "major scale".

I have heard that there will be a restaurant, just not at ground level :shades:

You are correct, there will be a rooftop restaurant, along with a huge roofdeck, better be something special :-)

The Park, which may eventually be renamed, will feature 67 residential condos above a 172-room Hyatt Place Hotel, a 9,000-square-foot rooftop restaurant and valet parking for residents and hotel guests.

Hyatt has approved the new development, but won’t participate as an owner. Boykin + Prospera, with offices in Pittsburgh and Huntersville, will jointly manage the hotel and building.

The building will be divided in three sections with parking on floors two through six; the hotel — including a 10th-floor lobby for guest check-in and guest services, dining, E-Room, gallery, and guest kitchen — on floors seven through 13; and the condos on six floors, starting on the 14th floor.

The roof area will feature a pool and sun deck in 7,800 square feet of space. The project also will have 2,600 square feet of ground-floor retail space at the corner of Third and Caldwell streets.

Read more: Small Brothers bringing back The Park in Charlotte {sodEmoji.|} Charlotte Business Journal

Once you fill up the bottom floors with parking deck like that, there's not much you can do to save the building aesthetically. From the beginning, the proportions of this thing have always been pretty weird.

What are the little brick buildings behind it with hipped roofs?

Just a Hyatt Place? Not to sound unexcited, but seriously, that's the best the developers could get with a hotel chain? I know the building's size only allows for so many rooms, but we already have Hyatt Place hotels in the city.

Once you fill up the bottom floors with parking deck like that, there's not much you can do to save the building aesthetically. From the beginning, the proportions of this thing have always been pretty weird.

What are the little brick buildings behind it with hipped roofs?

Is this the adjacent lot that they purchased? Maybe retail?!?

Interesting story about this lot...my fiancé and I were supposed to be getting married later this year at Grace on Brevard in October (in case you aren't familiar, it's located where those little brick buildings in the picture are). We paid to reserve the place last year. Then earlier this week we were told by the company that manages the venue that Grace was going into foreclosure. They cancelled the reservation and now we're scrambling to find another venue uptown for our wedding. I wonder if they just used "foreclosure" as a cover-up...but instead they just sold the lot to this developer. It all seems a little too coincidental...

Just a Hyatt Place? Not to sound unexcited, but seriously, that's the best the developers could get with a hotel chain? I know the building's size only allows for so many rooms, but we already have Hyatt Place hotels in the city.

Yeah, this will be the 4th Hyatt Place in Charlotte. I was hoping for a full-service Hyatt, but really I don't know if it would have worked in this building.

I think they did do the best that they could with the design, though. I like it a lot more than the original design of The Park.

Archived