SKYE Condominiums and Hyatt Place Hotel

monsoon

On a sadder note, I was walking by the sales center location of the Park Condos yesterday, and a little piece of paper was pasted to the window of the office. It said, "We have met our presales goal and are now meeting with prospective buyers by appointment only." It gave a phone number...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ellaborate... are they saying the project is a go? is that sad because another better project might not get to go if park is built?

there is still no update on the park's website, and they have already missed milestones still listed.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No real reason, other than the fact that usually when a project is overreaching, or if it just doesn't have the backing/planning to execute it, they usually aren't shy about telling me. They all seem very excited about this project and think it has a great chance. Whether that actually translates into anything concrete or not I have no idea.

When it was proposed I figured that it might be the developer just testing what the market would bear, but it seems that they are very serious about building this.

On a sadder note, I was walking by the sales center location of the Park Condos yesterday, and a little piece of paper was pasted to the window of the office. It said, "We have met our presales goal and are now meeting with prospective buyers by appointment only." It gave a phone number...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:cry:

My bad. It said they met their sales goal, not the other way around. If that is the case then forgive the crying face and let's make that a happy face. :D YEAH !!!

A2

ellaborate... are they saying the project is a go?  is that sad because another better project might not get to go if park is built?

there is still no update on the park's website, and they have already missed milestones still listed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One could also read that as, "Nothing is selling and it is too expensive to have someone here for the one person a month that stops by." Frankly, I'm learning that in the real estate business there is a lot of fairly blunt attempts at deception. Things that wouldn't fly in much more regulated industries are rampant. My prediction is when and if there is a bubble collapse there are going to be a lot of people filing lawsuits on the basis of hyperbolic (at least) and potentially fraudulent statements made to induce sale. Like the stock market, everything was fine until someone lost a lot of money.

One could also read that as, "Nothing is selling and it is too expensive to have someone here for the one person a month that stops by."  Frankly, I'm learning that in the real estate business there is a lot of fairly blunt attempts at deception.  Things that wouldn't fly in much more regulated industries are rampant.  My prediction is when and if there is a bubble collapse there are going to be a lot of people filing lawsuits on the basis of hyperbolic (at least) and potentially fraudulent statements made to induce sale.  Like the stock market, everything was fine until someone lost a lot of money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree - sounds like there's no need/demand for them to staff the sales center.

Don't know if this means anything but I received a copy of the new "Uptown Magazine" that is starting this month and one of the articles in it states that The Park is "almost sold out."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How does one get a copy of this magazine? What's its focus? (Other than, duh, Uptown - lifestyle? real-estate?)

How does one get a copy of this magazine? What's its focus? (Other than, duh, Uptown - lifestyle? real-estate?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know it was just mailed to my apartment uptown. It's focus is essentially to provide a magazine "for uptown, about uptown." It has style articles, design articles, condo articles, an article about the implosion, an interview with the head of Johnson & whales, a neighborhood guide (this months segment is Wesley Heights). Anyways, you get the idea.

I stated it as a sad note because there's no way they'd take someone out of the sales center if there was enough interest from buyers. Presale goals or not, if there were a demand for the product there would be somebody there.

I just think that note sounded better than, "we just can't seem to get this tower off the ground and we're tired of fielding questions about it, plus, the lack of activity means that we can't support a full-time sales staff...Still, we'd love to have another down payment, so if you'd like you can call the following number...."

In real estate perception does matter, and I saw the note as obvious spin.

Still, no one is rooting harder for Verna than me, but I've been told by more than one person that the project has no chance.

I stated it as a sad note because there's no way they'd take someone out of the sales center if there was enough interest from buyers. Presale goals or not, if there were a demand for the product there would be somebody there.

I just think that note sounded better than, "we just can't seem to get this tower off the ground and we're tired of fielding questions about it, plus, the lack of activity means that we can't support a full-time sales staff...Still, we'd love to have another down payment, so if you'd like you can call the following number...."

In real estate perception does matter, and I saw the note as obvious spin.

Still, no one is rooting harder for Verna than me, but I've been told by more than one person that the project has no chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok RHJ, back to the crying smiley then.

:cry:

C'mon, Pete. In your 40+ years of being in this industry, you've got to know someone you can partner with to make this project a go. Has anyone driven by this location recently? Look at the location. Something's gotta happen here!? What about karmic realignment? Verna designed the Old Convention Center pyramids..., he's a good guy... is anyone seeing a Luxor Las Vegas sphynx type establishment here?

Don't know if this means anything but I received a copy of the new "Uptown Magazine" that is starting this month and one of the articles in it states that The Park is "almost sold out."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah, i just got one in the mail, too.

it says that one of the contributors "With a Blackberry permanently fixed to his ear, Shane has helped to sell out The Park Condomiums, 230 South Tryon and now Fifth and Poplar".

Now this is just a blurb about a person, so i really wonder whether it is just a typo or a loose comment that isn't meant to be accurate.... but it says they're sold out.

EDIT: i just read later in the magazine that The Park is "almost sold out", so..... we're back to what we've already known.

(so, a2, it's another :D --> :cry: )

According to today's Buisiness Journal The Park IS going to start construction THIS month. CAN THIS BE TRUE??? I read that Verna has finally had a resolution to his finaning woes. I think we are going to see this project REALLY happen. :)

A2

a few days ago, dougy included the park in his list of 'deals that didn't get done'  (although he did hedge a bit by implying that it could get off the ground if financing went through).

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/12289138.htm

but cbj may have more recent info...

:):(  :):( 

the seesaw continues.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree this has been back-and-forth so long I don't know what to believe any more. The CBJ actually stated that construction was to start THIS month, which kind of shocked me. I have placed a call into Helen Adams Realty to get some kind of scoop on this deal, but have yet to hear back from any agent. If I hear from them I will post what info I get.

A2

Was the CBJ piece an actual article on The Park or was it just a snipit about it? If it was an article, does it discuss the financier, and any other details?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was just a snipit. But it was in the article regarding the whole condo boom going on in center city right now. I am like most posters here, with the philosophy that, "I will believe it, when I see it". Don't get me wrong I am 100% behind this project. It is just that I am not going to get my hopes up when everytime that I do I get let down. Verna is desperatley wanting to leave his mark on the skyline, and I wish him well on his endeavor. I feel kind of bad for the guy having this much trouble in getting all the pieces in place. I know he probably feels a bit embarrassed when towers are being erected all over center city and he has yet to even begin. His biggest claim to fame was that he was going to have the FIRST residential highrise inside of the 277 loop. Oh well, that's the way it goes I guess. :blush:

A2

The Park website has been updated stating that upfittin of the garage will start next month in September and that the tower itself will start construction in December. Yet, it still says that there are 30 units to be rereleased in September.

Archived