Metro Augusta Developments | Columbia, Burke, Mcduffie, Richmond

augga706

All new developments outside of aug, evans, aiken county

Grovetown new high & middle school, tons of new residential, rode through recently almost like a repeat of evans. Just keep growing like presently, hopefully movin growth into harlem's side

Hehpzibah diamond lakes new areas look great, building alot of expensive homes now. New gas station on windsor spring plus checkers & carwash. Farington Plaza new stores , & still will probably be the location of the new aug high school, middle already plan for this area. Build along deans bridge rd bring growth to wrens making jefferson county part of the metro. Needs a mall, or a smaller lifestyle center on tobacco rd or peach orchard

Waynesboro added new library this yr. They need to build up towards peach orchard & 56. Feed of Hephzibahs growth & work with Blythe, & Gracewood, becoming like south aug city making burke county the next surburb to grow rapidly

Martinez new stores & banks along furry's ferry. With the village of riverwatch right by wash rd which is already urban definitely in future will rival west aug & evans for

most dense areas. Start the st. sebastian project to give driving down river watch towards downtown better views of the water and surrounding instead of just trees.

Thomson new golf course & retirement center. Along I-20 btw belair & thomson build hotels, new stores, or hopefully columbia county new convention center will be here. This will really help the other side of I-20 since new construction is on the aug side, new projects along I-20 will help lincoln, wilkes, & others become true surburbs. Also making atl look harder at aug with commuter rails some new developments on 20 could reach covington in the future

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why not a major mall or lifestyle center in south AUG towards hephzibah? forget about the regency mall, that area cant support a mall, augusta should something big there( arena, college, condos, offices ). Around windsorspring, tobacco rd and ft gordon will the smartest location. but the augusta mall will hurt at the small time, sooooo.........

I couldnt believe Grovetown last time I was out that way....which wasnt too long ago. Literally thousands of new homes going up on either side of it. The only thing I wondered was...where was the retail? There may be 2-3 strip centers in the whole town, or at least the roads I traveled on. Now of course I hate to see tonnes of strip centers lining the roads...but you would think with all of the new residents there would be some retail....other than Latino stores and Nail salons. Where do all the people shop? Evans?

• 3 months later...

Martinez is getting a sonic that closed in west augusta. Owners said that davis road construction still going on till this day had hurt porfits. They will move in front of Bi-Lo on furys ferry in martinez. The sonic will be a sit-down resturant one of the first sit-down sonics in the country. All of the other sonics will remain the same

3 mexican resturants are replacing close resturant buildings. Ole Ole is set to up in the old chinese resturant on washington rd in west augusta next to now open burger king.

Mi Racho's has opened in evans on washington rd, another mexicaan resturant is opening in grovetown.

Ann Taylor has brought direct rental car sales on washington rd. Im not sure if this is in martinez/west augusta 10 mins to evans by walmart on 520. Or if its further down by west augusta closer to westside high school. The property was on the market for 1.7 million with the building & 3 acres of land

With the public house steak house in surrey center leading during masters with clients from augusta national with the average ticket prices for a entree, alochol, & desert being over 50 dollars. Several steakhouses want to open in augusta, evans, & north augusta. I know the masters is only once a week but everytime a developer builds something in augusta the mention the tourist in april.

The longhorn on washington rd/ alexander rd in west augusta will be demolished in order for a walgreens. Vintage 965 on broad st has added a Tea Forte line of gourmet teas with the news of oprah coming to augusta. Tea Forte was featured in Oprah's magazine, owners say they want to capatilize off the crowds at first friday.

With walmart expansion in aiken on richland ave 2 more tenants mcdonalds, & Wing place are opening.

Ice House Daiquiri has open on wrightsboro rd near the former applebee's. Patricks BBQ has open on wrightsboro rd near augusta state housing complex.

Jasmine's cafe has open on 9th st or james brown boulevard, Kokomo Joe's has open its daiquiri on the corner of 12th & ellis in downtow augusta

Ft. Gordon is getting a mexican resturant & Windbreakers Bar & Grill

The coach place is now open in south augusta in the old corky's building.

i dont know about the ruby tuesday in south augusta, where is it supposed to be located. A lady from augusta had email oprah forever 2 yrs, she finally got a call from harpo studios recently. Then she sent a tape in to oprah with shots of augusta with the help of one of james brown daughters. I dont know how she did it or why augusta was chosen but it happen

Archived