Atlanta Vacation

Kenneth Disraili-Jean

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. Atlanta should concentrate on getting the conventioneer to bring his/her family and stay a coupe of days extra. I just don't see Atlanta as being a vacation destination. No beach, no mountains, no gambling, no Disney...wait, why the hell do I live here again? Oh...that's right $$$$$. That's Atlanta's attraction, great job market, low cost of living. Unfortunately those characteristics don't lend well to a vacation.

"Hey honey, what do you say this year we skip the Caribean and go to Atlanta to see their incredible job market...I hear it's amazing"

Nor should the state government go for that idea. The decision a resident has to make is - do you want your hometown to become an overpopulated tourist trap or is livability a greater factor. The reason you hear of so many city residents opposing major projects, such as the Beltline (though I do support the project) is that many prefer Atlanta to remain the overgrown small town it is.

Archived