Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mgreven

275 Fulton Place

293 posts in this topic

Yesterday, GRDad said,

I've also been thinking that the parking lot and park by Kinko's and Urban Mill (Plaza Towers) really could be put to use as an expanded mixed-use project with a riverfront walkway (like the Promenade in Rockford). Keep parking on the ground floor toward the interior of the project.

This sounds really cool, although does anyone know how many people's views will be effected? It would be a shame if this ended up hurting the original Plaza Towers.

Well that came out of the blue... for me anyways.

Nice job keeping that secret to everyone who knew :thumbsup:

This sounds really cool, although does anyone know how many people's views will be effected? It would be a shame if this ended up hurting the original Plaza Towers.

It sounds like everything hinges on getting brownfield designation for the site. I don't know wat the chances of that are.

brownfields according to wikipedia

the revelation of their "recognized international architect" should be interesting considering the architecture of their current portfolio.

Eenhoorn LLC

Sounds like a winner to me. I especially like the "Green Roof" idea. I can't wait to see some renderings.

Rock and Roll! Another site to add to the photowalk route. let's get this thing rolling!

It sounds like everything hinges on getting brownfield designation for the site. I don't know wat the chances of that are.

brownfields according to wikipedia

the revelation of their "recognized international architect" should be interesting considering the architecture of their current portfolio.

Eenhoorn LLC

This is very exciting. I have thought for a long time that this is the one of the last places (Ford Museum Parking lot being the other) north of Fulton where they could utilize the riverfront.

As far as the architectural style of other Eenhoorn properties, they all look like acquisitions. If I'm not mistaken, The Heule's moved here from the Netherlands after the son attended Calvin. It will be very interesting to see if they bring some European styling to this site.

The skyline will look very cool with Plaza Towers in back of another building. I think it will bring some scale to the building.

Again, very cool news. I can't wait to see renderings. I wonder if that is why they have been building that really nice entrance to nowhere next to Kinko's?

Joe

Article says it's part of an older vision of the Plaza Towers. Are there renderings to the never built vision?

Article says it's part of an older vision of the Plaza Towers. Are there renderings to the never built vision?

Actually it must have been called Eastbank II a girl i know told me years ago that she had seen the rendering of it. I am going to try and get a hold of her this week.

So a friend of mine who lives in Plaza Towers said that a sketch of the new building was in his condo association newsletter last week. Of course he doesn't know where his copy is. Anyone live in Plaza Towers that wants to scan it and put it up?

Joe

Hmm...us apartment people have not received anything.

We are on the 11th floor, river side.

Aw shucks. I was away for a few days, and when I saw the topic title I thought maybe PT was going to put 12 stories on top of their existing building! I thought maybe they didn't want Riverhouse to get one up on them as the cities tallest. But I'll take a seperate 12 story building too. Good news for GR again.

I would guess you're not in the association (the apartment portion owner Eenhorn probably sits on the board).

I just hope this new tower motivates the owner of the big parking lot directly south to do something.

I believe indirectly the Plaza Towers developement and the parking lot on the South side of Fulton are owned by the same parties (Amway Families). :dontknow:

OK, see if you eagle eyes can make heads or tails of these site plans. The actual tower looks like it's the footprint on the 4th and 5th floor plans (but I'm not sure on that). The white figure to the right is Plaza Towers.

1st floor:

498771986_100e53007c.jpg

2nd floor. You can see where the parking ramp has a 3rd section added (there are only 2 now):

498771990_6efdfe7a94.jpg

4th and 5th floors:

498771998_e640aebd4b.jpg

6th floor:

498772000_0297c8d228.jpg

Here's the current aerial:

495564769_bd819972d5_o.jpg

The city commission is reviewing this Brownfield request tomorrow morning. Perhaps they'll have renderings. Public hearing is June 5th.