275 Fulton Place

mgreven

Yesterday, GRDad said,

I've also been thinking that the parking lot and park by Kinko's and Urban Mill (Plaza Towers) really could be put to use as an expanded mixed-use project with a riverfront walkway (like the Promenade in Rockford). Keep parking on the ground floor toward the interior of the project.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is very exciting. I have thought for a long time that this is the one of the last places (Ford Museum Parking lot being the other) north of Fulton where they could utilize the riverfront.

As far as the architectural style of other Eenhoorn properties, they all look like acquisitions. If I'm not mistaken, The Heule's moved here from the Netherlands after the son attended Calvin. It will be very interesting to see if they bring some European styling to this site.

The skyline will look very cool with Plaza Towers in back of another building. I think it will bring some scale to the building.

Again, very cool news. I can't wait to see renderings. I wonder if that is why they have been building that really nice entrance to nowhere next to Kinko's?

Joe

So a friend of mine who lives in Plaza Towers said that a sketch of the new building was in his condo association newsletter last week. Of course he doesn't know where his copy is. Anyone live in Plaza Towers that wants to scan it and put it up?

Joe

Aw shucks. I was away for a few days, and when I saw the topic title I thought maybe PT was going to put 12 stories on top of their existing building! I thought maybe they didn't want Riverhouse to get one up on them as the cities tallest. But I'll take a seperate 12 story building too. Good news for GR again.

OK, see if you eagle eyes can make heads or tails of these site plans. The actual tower looks like it's the footprint on the 4th and 5th floor plans (but I'm not sure on that). The white figure to the right is Plaza Towers.

1st floor:

498771986_100e53007c.jpg

2nd floor. You can see where the parking ramp has a 3rd section added (there are only 2 now):

498771990_6efdfe7a94.jpg

4th and 5th floors:

498771998_e640aebd4b.jpg

6th floor:

498772000_0297c8d228.jpg

Here's the current aerial:

495564769_bd819972d5_o.jpg

The city commission is reviewing this Brownfield request tomorrow morning. Perhaps they'll have renderings. Public hearing is June 5th.

Archived