275 Fulton Place

mgreven

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was looking at the first floor plan, it appears as though part of the current surface lot is staying (about back to where Urban Mill begins). Then the 6th floor appears to span right over top of the parking lot (probably offices I would imagine). The submission mentions a central "atrium" that will have public access to the retail, riverwalk, and tie into the skywalk system. :dontknow: I'll try and make it down to city hall this afternoon and see if they have any renderings.

City commission agenda - page 173

When I was looking at the first floor plan, it appears as though part of the current surface lot is staying (about back to where Urban Mill begins). Then the 6th floor appears to span right over top of the parking lot (probably offices I would imagine). The submission mentions a central "atrium" that will have public access to the retail, riverwalk, and tie into the skywalk system. :dontknow: I'll try and make it down to city hall this afternoon and see if they have any renderings.

I wonder how many other projects, business expansion and company relocations are being held up (or simply cancelled) because of our wonderful elected officials in Lansing? This State needs jobs, investment, and an increased tax-base SO badly, and this is their (politicians) solution...makes me sick.

It just occurred to me that if this an office building, it's going to be a lot taller than a 12 story residential building would be. We might be talking 15' per floor, or perhaps over 200' tall depending on the design of the lower floors.

My guess would be 15' per floor for the first floor which would contain the retail, Lmichigan's 13' foot call for the office floors, and lastly 10' per floor for the residential floors. However the penthouse units I'm guessing would feature 13' to 15' foot ceilings for that dramatic premium look. As for height, I'd shooting for something that rivaled McKay tower.

This is completely frustrating. A forward thinking government would make sure this project happened if it was to the benefit of the city. You'd think the MEDC along with other groups could come up with a package that would offset any issues that may happen due to the loss of the SBT. Just the construction alone would pump more tax dollars into the city in the form of jobs. I sure hope that someone is circling the wagons and won't let this project slip through our hands.

Does anyone know what happen at the brownfield meeting (maybe it didn't happen yet, I've been out of town)?

Stalling development because our state doesn't have their sh*t together is idiotic. I feel like having a Grand River tea party. ;)

Joe

I wonder how many other projects, business expansion and company relocations are being held up (or simply cancelled) because of our wonderful elected officials in Lansing? This State needs jobs, investment, and an increased tax-base SO badly, and this is their (politicians) solution...makes me sick.

This is completely frustrating. A forward thinking government would make sure this project happened if it was to the benefit of the city. You'd think the MEDC along with other groups could come up with a package that would offset any issues that may happen due to the loss of the SBT. Just the construction alone would pump more tax dollars into the city in the form of jobs. I sure hope that someone is circling the wagons and won't let this project slip through our hands.

Does anyone know what happen at the brownfield meeting (maybe it didn't happen yet, I've been out of town)?

Stalling development because our state doesn't have their sh*t together is idiotic. I feel like having a Grand River tea party. ;)

Joe

Archived