275 Fulton Place

mgreven

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, check out this Stradivarius Hotel that Meyer en VanSchooten did:

533124812_f1b1ea099c.jpg

Anyone know how they found this firm? There obviously wasn't an open call or design competition.

If you scroll through their huge portfolio, there's some very interesting work in there. This appears to be their first job in the States (couldn't find any U.S. projects in their portfolio).

http://www.meyer-vanschooten.nl/

Is BETA Design working on this with MV? In general I like it, especially the transparency. Don't mess with that. I would have to see the parking application up close and in detail for me to make a call on that. It would be nice if they could do a little somthing with the facade of the Plaza Towers retail space too. So who will get to plaster their name on this, the bank, and or the law firm? If both, that will be a bit much.

From the rendering it looks like the river sculpture will be removed?

Edit: I see that it's Progressive and not BETA.

So.... does anyone have any insights into what exactly is supporting this whole tower mass? I imagine that it's supported by the mass of the building behind it, but this is what appears to be about nine stories suspended above that circle drive with virtually no support - very cool:

533398251_887a98e634.jpg

Being that two decent sized companies are going to be occupying this building (bank and law firm), I would assume that their names will be plastered on the side of the building somewhere. Hopefully they do this in a tasteful manner...

I found this quote from the Knape blog very interesting:

" Eenhoorn has made the commitment by agreeing to reinvest its developer profit into the building as additional equity to help pay for part of the LEED certification."

That to me is awesome...

Up until last night I was pretty underwhelmed about this whole potential project. Not negative, just didn't see how anything all that exciting could come of it... WOW, all that has changed and I'm more excited about this than most other projects around this or any other town I've spent time in (including chitown).

Well done, so far, to all involved!

Hey Nitro - help me with this one - How does one get LEED =certified with an all glass building? Last I knew glass was a poor insulator and I would assume heat loss in the winter and cooling requirements in the summer would be would be greater.

Don't get me wrong - it looks like a WOW!!! building for the old conservative GR :thumbsup:

Hey Nitro - help me with this one - How does one get LEED =certified with an all glass building? Last I knew glass was a poor insulator and I would assume heat loss in the winter and cooling requirements in the summer would be would be greater.

Archived