Easton MarketCenter

Spartan

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I promise I'm not being a nay-sayer, but the East Side has a bowling alley, cinema, shopping and restaurants. If (and I guess when) this goes up, won't this leave a whole bunch of empty buildings, assuming everyone starts going to the newer facilities and essentially abandon the prior theaters and such? I'm all for newer and better, but at the same time, I have 3 abandoned grocery stores within 3 miles of my house. The abandoned Bi-Lo and Ingles near FBNS and the abandoned Ingles on Hwy 9.

Again, I'm not a nay-sayer here, but I'd like to pose a question. And frankly, I don't have an answer. I'm just curious what everyone else thinks. Would this be good for the East Side, or it would it eventually end up being an eyesore? Just one last time, not a nay-sayer. lol

I promise I'm not being a nay-sayer, but the East Side has a bowling alley, cinema, shopping and restaurants. If (and I guess when) this goes up, won't this leave a whole bunch of empty buildings, assuming everyone starts going to the newer facilities and essentially abandon the prior theaters and such? I'm all for newer and better, but at the same time, I have 3 abandoned grocery stores within 3 miles of my house. The abandoned Bi-Lo and Ingles near FBNS and the abandoned Ingles on Hwy 9.

Again, I'm not a nay-sayer here, but I'd like to pose a question. And frankly, I don't have an answer. I'm just curious what everyone else thinks. Would this be good for the East Side, or it would it eventually end up being an eyesore? Just one last time, not a nay-sayer. lol

Cool. I'm feeling better about it now. Thanks for your take on it, Spartan.

Jael: Since one of the stalls in the ladies room at the Carmike Theatre has had a broken door for at least 10 years that I can remember, their going out of business wouldn't grieve me in the slightest.

I always liked Dillards myself. I always thought they bed better stuff. I'm a bit biased because I grew up going to the Belks at Hillcrest Mall, which was always kind of dumpy... as was the mall towards the end. The Ivey's/Dillards seemed nicer to me.

But I hate shopping with a passion. I don't care about options. This is one purpose where Spartanburg always suited me just fine. I never needed to worry about where to go since there were usually only a few stores that had what I needed. I do miss the days of knowing where to go to get everything, who to call to get things done, etc. even though that meant going to Greenville occasionally. There are a lot of great things about living in an smaller to midsized city like Spartanburg that I'm starting to realize more and more.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived