PROPOSED: Westminster Technology center

PROJO:

"Tenants sign on to technology center

Steeltex, a real-estate developer based in Providence, is converting a former jewelry plant that was once the home of Crest Craft into the Westminster Technology Center. Two tenants, HostTech Communications and Ironclad Business Solutions, have signed long-term leases, said Lindsay Ahlborg, president of Steeltex.

“Our goal is to attract technology firms that can help companies take advantage of outsourcing

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project came before the ZBR a few years ago. If I remember correctly, Durkee, Brown, Werenfels is the architectural firm and the building meets the lot line on Westminster. It will look a lot better than the Martinous Law building that meets the letter, but not the spirit of the overlay district.

Wow, this would be awesome for the area. Every single day I drive by I wish I could redevelop the building. It's such an eyesore, I'm glad to hear that it's going to be renovated. I assume historic tax credits are part of the picture?

• 1 year later...

Archived