Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mental757

PROPOSED: Westminster Technology center

14 posts in this topic

PROJO:

"Tenants sign on to technology center

Steeltex, a real-estate developer based in Providence, is converting a former jewelry plant that was once the home of Crest Craft into the Westminster Technology Center. Two tenants, HostTech Communications and Ironclad Business Solutions, have signed long-term leases, said Lindsay Ahlborg, president of Steeltex.

“Our goal is to attract technology firms that can help companies take advantage of outsourcing

Not sure of the exact location

1155 Westminster Street - between Knight and Bridgham across from Wiggins Village:

google map

PBN has an article with a rendering, also.

I think she was referring to the printed PBN. There was a rendering just to the right of the article.

Where si the rendering? I see the article, no rendering...

this is a real sour spot on westminster and it would be nice if all that crap on the front of the buildings was made into something more street friendly...

Did anyone notice the raised beds and flowers goin in the vacant lot of the corner of Bridgam and Westminster?

This project came before the ZBR a few years ago. If I remember correctly, Durkee, Brown, Werenfels is the architectural firm and the building meets the lot line on Westminster. It will look a lot better than the Martinous Law building that meets the letter, but not the spirit of the overlay district.

I saw the rendering in the online PBN story...

just to the right of the text when you first open it...

I saw the rendering in the online PBN story...

just to the right of the text when you first open it...

That would be the WBNA's community garden that is starting up.

Wow, this would be awesome for the area. Every single day I drive by I wish I could redevelop the building. It's such an eyesore, I'm glad to hear that it's going to be renovated. I assume historic tax credits are part of the picture?