Tallahassee Parade of Homes 2007

Florida

Tallahassee Parade of Homes 2007

ParadeofHomes2007030.jpg

Homes Visited:

Note: Photography of this year's parade has been affected by the sudden increase of smoke pollution in the air caused by near-by wild fires. I've started this year's parade featuring homes from Adam's street condominiums, to high-end single family dwelling priced near or above $1 Million. Next weekend, I will bring forward more reasonably priced homes, hoping to reach most of those available within the boundaries of the City of Tallahassee. Because of the rise in fuel costs, I will be unable to bring to UrbanPlanet, any homes from the surrounding Counties.

*This is not a sales thread. It is intended to showcase the latest building trends in the Tallahassee area.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams Street Lofts

Price: $204,900

ParadeofHomes2007001.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007022.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007017.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007016.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007015.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007009.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007010.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007012.jpg

• New Home Features

• Style Stained Cement Floors

• 14 Foot Ceilings

• Floor to Ceiling Windows

• Private Balconies in Every Unit (Except this one)

• All 2 Bedroom Units

• Granite Counters

• Modern Cabinetry

• All Units Aproximately 850 s.f.

This was a model unit. It only had one bed room.

My person opinion, it was well decorated. I don't care much for the flooring in the living room, seems a bit too industrial for my taste, perhpas wood, some unique tile, or quality carpet would have done more for this room. The kitchen was also a source of concern for me. As you can see in this image, it stretches along the length of this room, creating virtually no seperation from the living room, giving this unit more the feel of a studio. It wasn't a studio however, there was a bedroom, as you can see the image above. The units are being sold as two bedroom units, but this unit only had 1. I look forward to seeing this project when complete.

The rest of the building is currently under construction.

Home #49

Pilkem Ridge

Price: $1,200,000

ParadeofHomes2007061.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007062.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007063.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007065.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007066.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007067.jpg

Home Theatre

ParadeofHomes2007069.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007070.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007082.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007083.jpg

• Architectural Windows

• Custom Molding

• Covered Lanai

• Outside Kitchen

• Beautiful Cabinets

• Infiniti Tub in Master

Personal Opinion: This home had the best interior of those seen in Pilkem Ridge.

Home #48

Pilckem Ridge

Price: $1,350,000

ParadeofHomes2007108.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007112.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007113.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007114.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007115.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007116.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007119.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007126.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007123.jpg

• 5,719 square feet of living space

• 5 Bedroom, Study and Game Room

• Office

• Large Covered Porch

• 3 Car Garage

• Open Kitchen and Family Room

• Viking Appliances

• Brick Appliances

• All Grainte Tops

• Brick and Stone Exterior

• Historic Millwork

Personal Opinion: I absolutely LOVE the work of Ertl Homes. I've yet to see a home built by them that I don't like. While these homes are probably not built for someone with my type of lifestyle, I think some of the space within could be configured in a more usable manner.

The yard was perfect size and the location is perfect.

Home #72

Southwood

Price: $692,250

ParadeofHomes2007142.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007131.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007132.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007135.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007136.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007140.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007141.jpg

Home Features:

• 3 Generation Layout

• Master Upstairs and Down

• Formal Living and Dining Room

• Quality Wood Cabinets and Grainte Tops

• Surround Sound and Central VAC prewired

• Sprinkler System

• Natural Gas Appliances

Personal Opinion: A good value for the square footage and overall use of space.

Home #75

Southwood

Price: $975,000

ParadeofHomes2007144.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007148.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007147.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007149.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007150.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007151.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007152.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007155.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007158.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007161.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007143.jpg

Home Features

• K2 Design

• 3rd Floor Meditation Room

• 2nd Floor Covered Sleeping Porch

• 6788 sq.ft. under roof. 3775 effective sq. feet

• 5 Bedrooms

• 4.5 Bathrooms

• His and Her's Office Suites and Library

• Natural Wood and Bamboo Floors

• 12 Foot Ceilings, Custom Millwork

• Wraparound Porch

Personal Opinion: This is the Southwood home I was most excited to see. Unfortunately the interior did not live up to the exterior charm. To me, the home has too much waisted space, with nearly 7000 sq.ft. and only 3800 of it is heated and cooled. It has three levels and was truly different from any thing else I saw on the parade, yet I was left with the feeling that this home lacked something. The rooms were smallish, and the wood in the kitchen area didn't work well together. Perhaps they will modify this before the family moves in. This home has been sold.

Home also had an unfinished garage area with an apartment above.

Home featured best views in the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD. Stunning view of lake, sunrise, sunsets.

Home #76

Southwood

Price: $1,150,000 (SOLD)

ParadeofHomes2007162.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007164.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007166.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007167.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007169.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007170.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007171.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007173.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007175.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007176.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007179.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007181.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007184.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007186.jpg

ParadeofHomes2007188.jpg

Home Features

• 5519 Effective Square Feet (6837 total)

• 1.33 Acre, corner lot

• Pine Flooring

• Beautiful Interior

• Customer Cabinets / Grainte Tops

• Extensive trim and detail inside

• Pool

Personal Opinion: Don't let the seemingly modest exterior fool you. The inside of these Aspirant homes are ALWAYS stunning and this home did not disappoint. There was nothing inside to criticize. The pool area seemed a bit incomplete, but there's ongoing construction on the poolhouse so that was understood. So far, this home has been the most memorable.

TJ,

We don't agree much, but I am amazed how our tastes in homes is almost exact. Every house I saw that you posted about, I had the exact reaction to yours. Great posts, your pics were solid and impressions were spot on.

On a side note. There are a ton more homes for sale in Southwood than normal. I don't know if this is limited to Southwood or what, but anyone have any idea why? I am wondering if the housing market is deflated.

Seems Southwood homes have been dominant on these parades at least since I've been covering them. Perhaps there's just so much new development in that area. On the bright side, it did seem that most of the homes I visited in Southwood today were SOLD. I'll be back next weekend to get to the other homes.

Seems Southwood homes have been dominant on these parades at least since I've been covering them. Perhaps there's just so much new development in that area. On the bright side, it did seem that most of the homes I visited in Southwood today were SOLD. I'll be back next weekend to get to the other homes.

Did anyone look at the homes in Golden Eagle? There where allot of open houses (under construction) that looked nice. I really liked a house on Eagles Ridge that backs up to the golf course. The builder was Greystone Homes, does anybody know about them?

I wish I had a chance to get out there the other day. Unfortunately, I was limited (due to time) to those few sites above. I promise I will cover more ground this weekend, including your Golden Eagle site. It wouldn't be bad to have a partner on this.

Did anyone look at the homes in Golden Eagle? There where allot of open houses (under construction) that looked nice. I really liked a house on Eagles Ridge that backs up to the golf course. The builder was Greystone Homes, does anybody know about them?

I like the area, because of convience (Walmart, Target, and Publix) and school systems.

Most homes are over priced for the quality craftsmanship that you get, and dont get me started on the floorplans.

I was not blown away by any of the the Parade Homes in Bull Run, Southwood or Golden Eagle

I will try to get pictures of the open house on Eagles Ridge next weekend. For 420k I liked its finishes more than any of the Parade homes.

Does anyone know what is going on behind the mexican food resteraunt no Bannerman Rd?

I like the area, because of convience (Walmart, Target, and Publix) and school systems.

Most homes are over priced for the quality craftsmanship that you get, and dont get me started on the floorplans.

I was not blown away by any of the the Parade Homes in Bull Run, Southwood or Golden Eagle

I will try to get pictures of the open house on Eagles Ridge next weekend. For 420k I liked its finishes more than any of the Parade homes.

Does anyone know what is going on behind the mexican food resteraunt no Bannerman Rd?

Home #49

Pilkem Ridge

Price: $1,200,000

ParadeofHomes2007082.jpg

• Architectural Windows

• Custom Molding

• Covered Lanai

• Outside Kitchen

• Beautiful Cabinets

• Infiniti Tub in Master

Personal Opinion: This home had the best interior of those seen in Pilkem Ridge.

Are most of the homes left not decorated? I hope so. I'm not a fan of any of the decorating styles. Does every light fixture in all the homes have to be scrolled?

I may go to a few of these homes this upcoming weekend. I was out of town last weekend. Does anyone know where I can find one of those booklets now or do they not print them anymore?

Are most of the homes left not decorated? I hope so. I'm not a fan of any of the decorating styles. Does every light fixture in all the homes have to be scrolled?

I may go to a few of these homes this upcoming weekend. I was out of town last weekend. Does anyone know where I can find one of those booklets now or do they not print them anymore?

Archived