4th of July Celebrations

Raintree21

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually charlotte is ranked 10th amongst cities with over 500,000 people, which is actually a very small group of cities. Of the top 10 overall most dangerous cities only detroit and baltimore have over 500,000 people. Overall Charlotte is actually ranked in the upper 20s-lower 30s. Keep in mind this are done by city limits not by MSAs. Atlanta isn't even considered a 500,000+ city. Why would you trust somebody trying to sell you safety, or the observer anyway, both companies are all about scare tactics.

Although Charlotte is rated 20th in size in the nation by population, you have to remember that Charlotte is also rated number 8 for crime (don't ask me by which, I know thats a general figure used by Alarm System companies here in Charlotte). Number 8 in this size city comparably is crazy, and I didn't realize it was that bad until I heard that figure. Also, I have heard from truck drivers for Family Dollar that one of there worst trips is in Charlotte alone, there have been multiple hold-ups this year alone on deliveries. They say they have safer trips in Atlanta and Baltimore than in Charlotte...

Aside from the unreliability of those numbers, which has been addressed already, you've got to bear in mind that uptown is just about the safest place in the city. We're not talking about a district with nonstop organized crime; it's had two bad incidents in two years, and that alone is enough to keep some people away. And that's bad enough without WBT and the Rhino Times constantly fanning public fear by quoting that Number Eight statistic left and right, and calling every street fight a "riot".

^Gee what a way to make people feel welcomed to come into the center city to celebrate the founding of this country. I am not sure that a phalanx of highly armed hit squads that are looking to crack heads on every street corner, makes for a very cheerful atmosphere.

No doubt people will see this and go to the numerous events and firework displays that take place elsewhere in ever increasing numbers.

Archived