Wilmington Skyline

CapeFearRiver10

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are pictures of the current skyline. It will change drastically by this time next year. The new convention center will start construction this fall, two new hotels will start construction in the next six months( all these projects are preparing the land now), a new marina and mixed use complex is ready to start construction this summer, and a new office tower by Bank of America is being planned for third Street in the next year.

IMG_0738.jpg

A mixed use complex is being planned on the left of the center building by the same developer who built this building.A condo complex is planned by a different developer for the area to the right of the building.

IMG_0744.jpg

This is looking toward the north end of town. The white building is the Hilton Riverside. The brick building behind is part of Cape Fear Community College and the building in the background to the left is the new 14 floor PPD World Headquarters. PPD announced last week in the local newspaper that they plan to add another tower in the next couple of years. The new Wilmington convention Center complex will be between the Hilton and the PPD building.

IMG_0757.jpg

The six floor grey and white condo complex in the center of the screen is Bannerman Station. The condos are from 1300 to 2000 square feet.the price range starts around $400,000 depending on the size and floor plan. Most of the 38 condos were pre sold before construction.

IMG_0746.jpg

Saturday was a beautiful day. Lot of people brought there boats and yachts downtown. This is the foot of Market Street.

IMG_0736.jpg

A close up of the foot of Market Street. The building to the left is being converted into mixed use of offices and condos.

IMG_0727-1.jpg

the building on the right is the Federal Court House. The building mentioned in the picture above is to the right of the courthouse.

IMG_0779.jpg

This the new PPD building opened in March. 14 floors above street level and a couple below street level. You can kind of see the lower levels on the right side of the building. The picture below is their new parking deck.

IMG_0783.jpg

Thats all the pictures for now. I will post photos of new major construction underway in the area in the next couple of days.

At the Downtown Raleigh Home Tour, the developers of 630 North Street had information about a project they're doing in downtown Wilmington. It looked to be about 6 stories tall, and stretched from Front Street to Water Street along the north side of Princess Street. It would involve demolition of one older, 60s or 70s era building at the corner of Front & Princess that puts a very ugly face towards the street.

They had a rendering but (stupid me) I didn't snap a picture of it. I didn't even write down the name of the development. Looked like it was about 6 or so stories tall, pretty modern and very urban. Anybody have more info about this one?

At the Downtown Raleigh Home Tour, the developers of 630 North Street had information about a project they're doing in downtown Wilmington. It looked to be about 6 stories tall, and stretched from Front Street to Water Street along the north side of Princess Street. It would involve demolition of one older, 60s or 70s era building at the corner of Front & Princess that puts a very ugly face towards the street.

They had a rendering but (stupid me) I didn't snap a picture of it. I didn't even write down the name of the development. Looked like it was about 6 or so stories tall, pretty modern and very urban. Anybody have more info about this one?

Archived