10,000 new jobs coming to BAFB/Bossier City?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha. Now let's hear all the other states chime in and screw this up for us. Kinda like they did for Cyber Command. I hope that the Air Force sticks with their decision and gives us this command. I am so excited over this! 900 - 1000 more personnel by the end of the year?!?! That is amazing. Hopefully Omaha and Nebraska will shut up and let this be. There is nothing worse that a sorry loser.

Thanks for that story on Omaha. It stinks they are complaining so much, but it was great to read about it from another perspective.

I can see their argument, it looks like their base was a clear winner and that this is all politically motivated. That said, however, this is the exact reason I washed my hands of politics and decided to no longer involve myself in political matters aside from simply placing my vote. Politics can get downright ugly. It seems everything is politically motivated these days, and there is very little they're going to be able to do to change this decision.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any news on the Cyber Innovaton Center? I figure they're probably looking for other ways to market it due to Cyber Command (24th AF now) going to Lackland.

Not really. Since Barksdale will now be the central operations center for all the nuclear weapons in the United States, the CIC has just taken on a slightly different role. All the companies who have committed to operations within the building are still going to do so, just in different forms. Symantec has been a big player so far, so hopefully they will have a presence in the building. If so, that will keep some of the "cyber" in the CIC.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What happened with BAFB? Shreveport needed that.

I agree and disagree. Sure, Shreveport could always use 10,000 extra jobs, but in the grand scheme of things, Shreveport really doesn't need them. We're not hurting for jobs here, especially high-paying jobs, thanks to the natural gas industry. When the national economy fell into the crapper, Shreveport-Bossier's economy didn't follow the trend. Our economy hasn't boomed, so it also hasn't busted. It's remained steady for the past few years.

As did many of LA cities. It doesn't need them, but it would have been a great addition.

I see your point and I do agree... we might not need them, but they would be great. That's why I hate getting excited anymore at news of something big, because if it falls apart like this thing did, it's a huge let down.

• 4 weeks later...

And we all know that.

I think Shreveport / Bossier definitely would have benefitted from the Cyber Innovation Center succeeding. It's hard to say what's going to happen with it in the long term. I've heard they've got tenants, hopefully it's enough to recoup costs.

Archived