10,000 new jobs coming to BAFB/Bossier City?

PAUL!!! Hey, good to see you back. I hate that I lost touch with you (it was totally my fault)... I would have loved to have taken you up on your offer at the Villaggio groundbreaking but I regret to say I missed that opportunity.

Anyway it's good to see you posting here again. And I love that Villaggio newsletter. I don't remember how I ever signed up but I do get it in my email. Very nice to see things moving along! Perhaps we can work out a personal tour of the property once Phase I is nearing completion.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Bossier Press-Tribune's website... basically all these other bases are erroneously thinking that the Cyber Command is still up for grabs but that it is, without a doubt, here to stay. All the uproar is over Michael Wynne's usage of the word "provisional," but this article explains fully what the word meant in this situation.

Also take note of the very last paragraph. Now THAT is awesome!

http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?option=c...0&Itemid=57

From the Bossier Press-Tribune's website... basically all these other bases are erroneously thinking that the Cyber Command is still up for grabs but that it is, without a doubt, here to stay. All the uproar is over Michael Wynne's usage of the word "provisional," but this article explains fully what the word meant in this situation.

Also take note of the very last paragraph. Now THAT is awesome!

http://www.nwlanews.com/index.php?option=c...0&Itemid=57

That's hella cool!

What I get from talking to some people with inside info was that the word "provisional" is a foot in mouth word. Meaning that it was added to the quote to fix a premature announcement of the Cyber-command.

Definitely sounds that way. Bossier's leaders have been so involved in this project that I trust what they have to say about it. If they say it's final, I have to believe those guys know it's final.

Paul, Villaggio stands to benefit from this... and perhaps Phase II will come about faster than you guys expected. Do you have a projected timeframe for Phase II, or is something that will be fully gauged by the success of Phase I?

• 2 weeks later...

Paul, Villaggio stands to benefit from this... and perhaps Phase II will come about faster than you guys expected. Do you have a projected timeframe for Phase II, or is something that will be fully gauged by the success of Phase I?

Phase II is a definite. However it is changing day by day. We are currently waiting on some minor elements to fall together. There is talk of a service road that would service from Industrial to Cyber command. We are waiting on a final word about that. Also Mr. Good is working with Barksdale and Bossier officals to build whatever CC may need (ie housing, retail, entertainment, etc...)

Phase II is a definite. However it is changing day by day. We are currently waiting on some minor elements to fall together. There is talk of a service road that would service from Industrial to Cyber command. We are waiting on a final word about that. Also Mr. Good is working with Barksdale and Bossier officals to build whatever CC may need (ie housing, retail, entertainment, etc...)

Awesome! The future of the east Bossier/Haughton area is really looking bright, very nice! A service road would be awesome, though I've ALWAYS thought that the existing Industrial Drive on the other side of I-20 should go all the way to Haughton to spur development along I-20 between Bossier and Haughton.

^ That's awesome. I was so busy yesterday that I didn't get a chance to post here but I got out and about very early yesterday morning and when I drove past the Cyber site on Highway 80 I could see the "For Sale" sign was gone and clearing/burning had already begun. There were quite a few brush piles being burned off. They are M-O-V-I-N-G!

I'd also like to add...

Driving down Highway 80 through Bossier City fills me with a renewed sense of pride. To see land clearing underway for CIC, and construction continuing for Villaggio, literally only 1/2 mile apart, is very exciting. I love the new BPCC campus but if it were still under construction right now I can only imagine what that stretch of road would look like at this time.

I attended the talk at the Bossier Civic Center today. It was a pretty good event to attend. Mostly filled news of Huntsville, the talk featured some exciting information about the potential impact of the center. I was also excited to see some of the drawings of the the proposed site. One word, AWESOME! I have a friend at Prevott design who has been working on the project and I have to say that I am very impressed with this building. The moat (spelling?) that surrounds the building, is used as a 150 foot setback. There are large rib or wing like spires are used to hold the blast sheilds. Amazingly designed, to bring beauty to what are normally eye-soars.

I attended the talk at the Bossier Civic Center today. It was a pretty good event to attend. Mostly filled news of Huntsville, the talk featured some exciting information about the potential impact of the center. I was also excited to see some of the drawings of the the proposed site. One word, AWESOME! I have a friend at Prevott design who has been working on the project and I have to say that I am very impressed with this building. The moat (spelling?) that surrounds the building, is used as a 150 foot setback. There are large rib or wing like spires are used to hold the blast sheilds. Amazingly designed, to bring beauty to what are normally eye-soars.

Aforementioned talk...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...EWS01/710190343

man that is going to be one amazing development for Bossier.. it will change that city completely... lol it might be Bossier Shreveport pretty soon..

The governor-elect said Air Force Secretary Michael W. Wynne told him he is getting calls from other states asking that the Cyber Command be located elsewhere, so Louisiana's delegation has to make sure they don't lose it "for political reasons."

The fact that President George W. Bush was moved to Barksdale after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11 "because it had the capacity, it had the technology for that important day," also is a weapon to use in the argument, he said. "We have a compelling case to make."

Jindal said that when President Bush called to congratulate him on his election, he made an appointment to speak with the president in two weeks to talk about the Cyber Command and other issues important to the state...

Dude hasn't even taken office yet, and he's already hustlin'... that's what i'm talking about...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...30323/1002/NEWS

The governor-elect said Air Force Secretary Michael W. Wynne told him he is getting calls from other states asking that the Cyber Command be located elsewhere, so Louisiana's delegation has to make sure they don't lose it "for political reasons."

The fact that President George W. Bush was moved to Barksdale after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11 "because it had the capacity, it had the technology for that important day," also is a weapon to use in the argument, he said. "We have a compelling case to make."

Jindal said that when President Bush called to congratulate him on his election, he made an appointment to speak with the president in two weeks to talk about the Cyber Command and other issues important to the state...

Dude hasn't even taken office yet, and he's already hustlin'... that's what i'm talking about...

<a href="http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071023/ELECTION/710230323/1002/NEWS" target="_blank">http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...30323/1002/NEWS</a>

When I saw this on the news last night I thought, "that is insanely AWESOME!" He received the standard congratulatory phone call from President Bush and is already talking Cyber Command. This is very important not only to our region, but to the entire state and Jindal knows this. He knows that the only way to change this state's image is to attract high-paying and high-tech jobs and the related industries. A project like this is far more important to Louisiana than it is California, Texas, or Virginia. All of those are progressive states already. We are the only state in the mix that is often thought of as a backward state.

Like I said before, I know Bobby Jindal can't fix everything and I never could expect that of him... or anyone else for that matter. But he can make things better and I hope he will. His can-do attitude reminds me a lot of Bossier City Mayor Lo Walker.

I applaud Jindal for requesting an early audience with President Bush and for making Cyber Command a top priority.

maybe folks will flock from Dallas to work in Bossier to make up for the lack of LABOR FORCE.. we can't rely on illegal aliens for these jobs lol

woah crap jindal is the GOV! I wanna move back to Louisiana now... maybe progress will be made now! I'm so excited about the command center! I brag about SBC every chance I get.. makes me miss home.. especially after the mayoral elections here in the HAM... OMG it reminds me of New Orleans here! people wonder why there is so much urban sprawl here.

Archived